Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2196 Discussions

Wrong mpi.mod file in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\2024.0\include\mpi\ilp64?

OP1
New Contributor III

I cannot figure out why the following basic code does not compile...

PROGRAM TEST_MPI_ILP64
USE MPI, ONLY : MPI_SEND
IMPLICIT NONE (TYPE, EXTERNAL)
END PROGRAM TEST_MPI_ILP64

I get the following message:

• error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible. [MPI_SEND]

The program is compiled on Windows, with the "Intel® Fortran Compiler 2024.0.2 [Intel(R) 64]" compiler. 

The path to the mpi.mod file is provided as "$(ONEAPI_ROOT)\2024.0\include\mpi\ilp64 " where ONEAPI_ROOT is defined by the script oneapi-vars.bat and has the value "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI".

The two following compiler options are used: /integer-size:64 and /real-size:64

The output section of the build log is reproduced below.

Compiling with Intel® Fortran Compiler 2024.0.2 [Intel(R) 64]...
ifx /nologo /debug:full /Od /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\2024.0\include\mpi\ilp64" /warn:interfaces /integer-size:64 /real-size:64 /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc170.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /check:stack /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs /c /Qlocation,link,"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Professional\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\bin\HostX64\x64" /Qm64 "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\TEST_MPI_ILP64\TEST_MPI_ILP64.F90"
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\TEST_MPI_ILP64\TEST_MPI_ILP64.F90(2): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible.   [MPI_SEND]
USE MPI, ONLY : MPI_SEND
----------------^
compilation aborted for C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\TEST_MPI_ILP64\TEST_MPI_ILP64.F90 (code 1)

TEST_MPI_ILP64 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

What am I overlooking?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TobiasK

@OP1

Please note, for the time being we will not support ILP64 mode in MPI_F08.

However, we might reconsider this decision if more customers will request this feature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

We are working on it and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We are working on it and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
TobiasK

@OP1

currently we do not support ILP64 in our MPI_F08 module. For large counts we advise to use MPI 4.0 standard 'large counts' which is available in MPI_F08.

However, I am collecting customer requests for ILP64 support in MPI_F08, if there is a critical mass we may reconsider supporting ILP64.

Why do you want to use ILP64 instead of large counts with MPI_F08?

Best

Tobias

0 Kudos
TobiasK

@OP1

Please note, for the time being we will not support ILP64 mode in MPI_F08.

However, we might reconsider this decision if more customers will request this feature.

0 Kudos