Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Parallel Programming Workshop Ideas

stephen-smolley
Hello, everyone! I just registered and I am excited to start working on some new projects.

I had a question about what software is currently available for developing multithreaded applications. What features are included in the software that is out there already? In what ways could it be improved?

The reason for asking this is I had some ideas for a development studio which would allow programmers familiar with traditional series programming to jump straight into parallel programming. I don't want to be reinventing the wheel -- that is, without improving it.

Thank you for everything (in advance)!

-Stephen
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - Stephen Smolley

I just found the main page showcasing it. I'm watching the videos and am looking at the forum now!

I would have posted what my ideas specifically are, but it is generally a healthy precaution to protect profitable ideas and be very careful in sharing them. As soon as I find out when I can safely do this I'll be happy to go over my suggestions.

Stephen,

You'll find a lot of information about products, languages, news, support, problemas and ideas related to Parallel Programming in these webpages.
Profitable ideas always end in the same pleaces: all the piracy websites supported by paid ads. :( Just jocking, I'm really tired of piracy.

You can also check www.ddj.com/go-parallel , you'll also find interesting information about news, trends and ideas about parallel programming state of the art tools and languages.

I hope this helps.

The software industry is creating huge and slow products in the last years. Therefore, if you have a good idea and you can develop it creating great software, in the long term, you'll be successfull in the multicore land.

Good luck with your ideas :)

All the best,

Gaston Hillar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I had some ideas for a development studio which would allow programmers familiar with traditional series programming to jump straight into parallel programming. I don't want to be reinventing the wheel -- that is, without improving it.
This sounds like the pitches for Intel Parallel Studio (see that forum) and Microsoft's VS2010. Improvements might be lighter weight, support for other OS or languages, ....
0 Kudos
stephen-smolley
Quoting - tim18
This sounds like the pitches for Intel Parallel Studio (see that forum) ...

I just found the main page showcasing it. I'm watching the videos and am looking at the forum now!

I would have posted what my ideas specifically are, but it is generally a healthy precaution to protect profitable ideas and be very careful in sharing them. As soon as I find out when I can safely do this I'll be happy to go over my suggestions.
0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Stephen,

You'll find a lot of information about products, languages, news, support, problemas and ideas related to Parallel Programming in these webpages.
Profitable ideas always end in the same pleaces: all the piracy websites supported by paid ads. :( Just jocking, I'm really tired of piracy.

You can also check www.ddj.com/go-parallel , you'll also find interesting information about news, trends and ideas about parallel programming state of the art tools and languages.

I hope this helps.

The software industry is creating huge and slow products in the last years. Therefore, if you have a good idea and you can develop it creating great software, in the long term, you'll be successfull in the multicore land.

Good luck with your ideas :)

All the best,

Gaston Hillar
0 Kudos