Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Problem with Hyper threading

elmimith
Beginner
Hello, i want to enable de ht but it-s imposible. In the bios this function apears enabled but in windows Xp it apears disabled.
My pc is a pentium 4 3.4 and my main board is a intel d925xecv2.
I don-t konw what i have to do to enabled this system. Can anybody help me?

soory if my level of english is very poor
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Intel_Software_Netw1
Greetings from Intel Software Network Support.
For assistance with this issue, we recommend that you contact the Intel Desktop Board support team, as this is outside the scope of what we cover here in our software development forums and they will be best equipped to provide support for your particular board. Phone and email contact information is listed at http://support.intel.com.
Regards,
Lexi S.
Intel Software Network Support

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 11-15-2005 11:39 PM

0 Kudos
kkbalu
Beginner
Hi, Please check your boot.ini (path C:oot.ini)file. If ONECPU option ismentioned in the file remove it andrestartit. Here is the sample: - Remove ONECPU if it's there [boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /ONECPU
0 Kudos
zackmandew
Beginner
I have the same problem I cant enable have evrything correct in bios, task manager you name it its all enable, but i did notice that my boot.ini was a little different then what you posted here, mine shows like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

A hardware engineer asked us to pass along the following. Please keep in mind, though,that Intel Customer Support is still the best contact for end-user support issues, as our focus is on software development:

Another thing to check is to ensure the key OS components installed onyour machineare MT-aware (supporting multiple CPUs). The background is that when Windows gets installed, the installer detects the hardware configuration and installs different component dlls. The difference can be verified by examining the Device Managers computer key.

If Windows installs XP Home or XP pro with multi-processor support, the value of the computer key will show

ACPI Multiprocessor PC

If the XP Home or XP Pro installer sees the hardware as only one logical processor, it installs the key dll supporting only one processor. After you finish the OS installation, the Device Manager will show the computer key as

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC or

ACPI Uniprocessor PC.

For example, If Windows is installed when theBIOS settinghas HT turned off on a Pentium 4 processor, the OS image that gets installed will only support one CPU, and Task Manager will show only 1. After the uniprocessor-support DLL is installed on yourhard disk, turning on HT in the BIOS will not change the fact thatyou have the wrong component installed. Youll need to make sure that before theOS is installed, HT is enabled by BIOS.

==

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

0 Kudos