Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

SDE for Windows download contains virus

wim_c_
Beginner

Dears,

I have downloaded sde-external-7.49.0-2016-07-07-win.tar.bz2 but my virusscanner reported a virus on the file.

After cleaning i used the SDE anyway but it reported an error "cannot create process" on almost anything i tried (e.g. "sde -help-long"). Only "sde -help" worked.

Is it possible to put a clean (virus-free) version of SDE for Windows on your download section ?

PS: I assume this software works on Windows 10 with AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU right ? My purpose is to emulate a game needing the SSE4.1 instruction set which is not supported by my AMD CPU.

Thanks & regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Wim,

Which antivirus software and which version have you used to run the scan. I've downloaded the file and Windows Defender for Windows 10 doesn't report any virus.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Wim,

From which URL have you downloaded SDE?

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Wim,

I've checked with many antivirus software and none of them reports any virus on the file.

0 Kudos
wim_c_
Beginner

Gaston,

Thank you for the response.

The download links are here: 

https://software.intel.com/protecteddownload/267266/144917; ;

https://software.intel.com/system/files/managed/2f/ac/sde-external-7.49.0-2016-07-07-win.tar.bz2

I have just re-tried above download with the same issue. The virus scanner is Bitdefender and again it reports the virus"Gen:Variant.Razy.93240".

Thanks to provide me with a clean version of SDE for Windows 10.

Best regards

Wim

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Wim,

I don't use that antivirus software. I'm sure Intel engineers will be able to provide you with a more accurate response.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Wim,

I tried today with other computer that has installed the latest version of Macaffee and it doesn't detect any virus on the file.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>I have downloaded sde-external-7.49.0-2016-07-07-win.tar.bz2 but my virusscanner reported a virus on the file... I've been using 7.49.0 version of SDE for Windows / Linux and everything works. Intel AVX-512 ( for MIC ) ISA is emulated on Non-KNL systems and all my stress tests passed. I see that you're using a system with AMD CPU and my question is did you try your tests on an Intel CPU system? Take into account that SDE has some process injection functionality and if your antivirus disabled it then SDE won't work.
0 Kudos