Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

compatibility with C ?

laral
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to use TBB to get better performances on memory allocation and parallelization of disk access on a code that already exists.

I was therefore trying to see what kind of modifications the use of TBB would imply for my code.

I began bygiving alook at the use of parallel_for

parallel_for(blocked_range(0,n), ApplyFoo(a), auto_partitioner() );

it seems that ApplyFoo has to be a class ?

Does this mean that I cannot use the TBB to improve the loops I already have on the codethat has beendevelopped in C ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There is a separate forum for TBB. Yes, the TBB classes require C++ compilation. You could localize the use of C++ in your application by invoking TBB in C++ functions defined with "extern C." If your application is suitable for OpenMP, as appears to be implied in your consideration of parallel_for, that may be a better method than TBB.
If you need parallel disk access for performance, striped data sets (RAID0) may be a good approach. Intel has announced a solid state disk program (no products yet).
0 Kudos
laral
Beginner

Ups, I don't know howI gotredirected on the wrong part of the forum after subscription. I thought I was on the TBB part.

Sorry for that

and thank you for the answer.

0 Kudos