Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12539 Discussions

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Driver for Windows® 10 - installation fails

Feejus
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a NUC12WSHi7 and I keep getting an error when I try to install the latest BT driver!

The error seems to be that the version on the website shows newer than the downloaded file. Please see the screenshot.

You can see the issue in the screenshot.

Troubleshooting:

1. Download the file manually.

2. Uninstall  Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver(Add and remove program)

3. Install the new one.

As you can see it looks like it is the same version. Using the automated install creates the same problem. My understanding is that the actual file on the website is not updated to reflect the new version.

I also tried to update via the website and you can see that fails as well.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Feejus
New Contributor II

But after a reboot it seems to have accepted the new drivers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello Feejus

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to install the Bluetooth driver on your Intel® NUC 12 Pro Kit NUC12WSHi7.

Please let's try the following:

1.-Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant uninstaller to uninstall the tool and then install the latest available version.

2.-Once the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant has been reinstalled try to do a clean installation of the Bluetooth drivers using the installer from the Intel website or the same driver from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Feejus
New Contributor II

Hi Hugo!

Thank you for getting back to me. However, I am disappointed that the instructions were not very clear and they did not work at all, my issue still remains.

1. I downloaded the tool you suggested

2. I ran it as administrator

3. I rebooted the PC

4. I logged back in again.

5. I reinstalled the Intel Driver & Support Assistance

6. I rebooted the PC.

7. went to Intel Website and downloaded the same file you proposed

Result:

The result was the same, the file which does exist on the Intel website is the old file and not the new version.

Q1.Did you download the file yourself to check the version?

Q2. Have you gone through the same process as I have?

Q3. Have you been able to verify my findings?

Can you please advise on the next steps? Can you please send me or attach the correct version of the file to this question.

Kind regards

Feejus

Hugo_Intel

Hello Feejus

Thank you for providing this information. Before doing further research on this issue we want to complete basic troubleshooting as a first approach. There is actually a newer version of the driver that was released today, you can download it from the same link shared in my previous post from Intel's website. Please try this new version and make sure to follow the instructions to do a Clean Installation of the drivers, you can also try to update from the  Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

In case the issue continues to happen, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and provide us with the log file to continue researching this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Feejus
New Contributor II

Hi Hugo

Just done what you asked for, but clearly there are issue beyond the driver! After upgrading you can see that Intel System Support utility still wants to install an older version over the new version!

Please advise!

Feejus_0-1673544487865.png

Feejus
New Contributor II

But after a reboot it seems to have accepted the new drivers!

Hugo_Intel

Hello Feejus

We're glad to know the information helped and that you were able to resolve this issue. Hopefully, this will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best Regard,

Hugo O.