Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC 7i7BNH can not find wireless network adapter

Jump to solution

My system is win10 64 Pro english.

After I installed the operating system, it could find wireless network adapter.

Then I powered off it and the next day I powered on it, it could not find wireless network adapter(please see my attachment).

I checked nework configuration but I could not find anything about wireless adapter.

If I restarted the computer for several times, it would be ok. But now it does not work even if I restart it.

I have downloaded wireless driver(19.60.0,19.70.0) from Intel website and installed it, but it still failed.(I tried several version)

I am not sure whether the hardware is normal or not. (Or it is related with win10?)

I could not find wireless adapter in the device management anymore.

Anyone met this kind of issue?

Thanks very much for your help!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

Update the BIOS to 0046. do not 0047 or 0048.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

Hi xiaoyu53,

Did you check if it's enabled in the Bios / Firmware?

Windows should only not find the device (installed or not) if it's disabled from boot.

Although it should be enabled by default it's worth a check.

PS: I have the same model and it is found at boot but I don't run Windows on it.

Regards,

Leon Merts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
Hello Merts.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the BIOS and the WLAN is enabled.

This issue is just occurred only I powered off it for several hours, while not occur if it is just several minutes.

I found a workaround last night. I could detect the wireless adpater by restoring the graphic driver(including restart).

It is very strange how the graphic driver relates to wireless adapter.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Xiaoyu53,

Haha, a typical Chinese ID...

I imagine this is not a hardware problem. Make sure all of your device drivers were downloaded from intel.com. If you already did so, let's try to re-install the drivers below, this will help to make sure that the components are properly installed.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Your NUC is using same module supporting both wireless and Bluetooth communication. Is the Bluetooth part working correctly? Disconnect the power adapter, remove the NUC bottom cover and the SSD. Check if the Intel Dual Band Wireless adapter is sitting firmly in its connector and if the antennas cable are connected firmly. See the attached image to see the adapter location.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I guess this is not a hardware issue.

I downloaded all drivers from Intel.

I just downloaded the drivers in your link, but I have to wait until tomorrow morning to check the result.

Thanks for your advice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Wow!

Thanks very much for your detailed reply!

I will check it later.

Hope the hardware is fine!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi.

I just checked the wireless adapter and it seemed fine.

But when I powered on my NUC, I still could not find wireless adapter.

I have to use my workaround that is to restore any driver(this time I selected I-219 network driver).

By the way, the Bluetooth is always ok.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I suggest that you do the following:

1. Disconnect the LAN cable if you have one connected to the NUC.
  2. Uninstall completely both the Intel Wireless and Bluetooth drivers.
  3. Reboot the NUC.
  4. Install first the latest Bluetooth driver and then the latest Wireless driver.
  5. Reboot the NUC.
  6. If you disconnected the LAN cable during step 1, you can reconnect it during the reboot.

If this the issue where the installation of a Windows update has disrupted the drivers (especially Bluetooth), this should alleviate your problem.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi all.

Last night I updated my win10 to the latest version and re-install the driver again.

And I did not see this issue this morning.

I think it has gone.

The root cause is the wireless driver is not compatible with the old win10 operating system.

But I am still strange that win10 did not show any alarm in the device management and I could find my wireless adapter.

Anyway, my NUC can work normally.

Thanks for everyone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Update the BIOS to 0046. do not 0047 or 0048.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Although I did not update to 46 but used 48, you are right.

Now the NUC can find wireless adapter when I power on every time.

There is some exception when I updating it to BIOS 48.

After I saw the successful sign, the screen turned black and the power switch was automatically off.

I tried to power on but failed.

Later I had to reinstall the memory and SSD, and then I powered it on.

I don't know why but I guess there is something wrong with my NUC.

Anyway, now it works normally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Because you upgrade 0048 version, ME firmware version is also updated, this situation is special.

The correct way to do this is to power off the system and unplug the AC power cord.

As many people feedback, update the latest BIOS, 4K display will be a new problem.

0 Kudos