Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKlef
Novice

NUC8i7HNK: Latest update of BIOS and three other parts. Chipset is not updated.

Jump to solution

Hallo Intel

I have got an advice by the driver&support to update 4 parts of my system.

The first two parts were updated correctly, the Bios update and another one.

The last two updates (chipset and TPS65988) will be installed, but without effect.

The intel tools still mentioned these two updates to install.

Chipset

Intel® 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A131 (Update still available)

Other

TPS65988 Device (Update still available)

I have an NUC8i7HNK, with 16GB, Windows 10 18356.1

I cannot find anyone else with the same problem.

Shall I wait for the next update advice? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. Upon review of the information, I can see that you are using a Windows* build that is not yet a stable version of Windows, you are currently using an Insider's preview version and we cannot guarantee that the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant will work properly with this Windows build until it is released. What we can do is update the drivers manually if you'd like. Let me know since you have mentioned that the system is working properly, if you want to update the drivers I can guide you through the process. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Yes, I have experienced the same thing with A131.

Awaiting a fix.

Doc

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Please try the steps below and then check to see if the issue persists: • Uninstall the existing IDSA tool in the system with the Uninstaller tool. • Download and install the latest IDSA version from here • Double-click "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Installer.exe" to run the setup program • Read and agree to the license terms and conditions • Select "Install" • Click the "Launch" button. Let me know the outcome, include screenshots if possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice

Hallo DavidV

many thanks for your contact.

I have finished the 6 steps.

My actual IDSA version is now 19.2.8.7

After launch of this new IDSA there were still three outstandung updates

• Intel® 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A131
  • TPS65988 Device 
  • Intel® HD Graphics 630, Intel® HD-Grafiktreiber Windows® 10 64-Bit für Intel® NUC-Kit NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK, act version: x.x.x.6519, Installed Version: x.x.x.6374

The update procedure for the three parts starts.

The installation of part 1 (A131) seems to fit. I could answer the questions

The installation of the HD 630 driver was corrupt. Message: driver is not valid, ask the manufacturer ....

The last installation for the TPS65988 device seems to run very quick. No questions, but my chrome browser died (there were no more contact) and after 3 minutes I killed the task.

After relaunch of IDSA, there were still three parts for update.

Do you need a scan (Detailed-System-Report)?

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. Could you please try to check the updates with a different Internet browser? This is an important step to make sure the error does not have to do with a specific browser. Also, please attach the log files located in the path: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice

Hello again,

I tried it with the microsofte Edge browser.

The result is the same.

After reboot

Still 3 updates to install.

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. I was checking the folder you had attached but it does not contain any of the logs, please proceed to provide me with the log files in the path below: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice
Hello David, I am not sure which file you expects. So I zipped the DSA directory. Thanks again for your patience Jan-Dirk Kleffel
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. I require the log files in the folder path specified, also, keep in mind that you did not attach anything in the previous reply. Please reply with an attachment directly in the Intel ® communities and not via e-mail. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice

here it is ...

AlHill
Super User

Somehow, it looks like the problem with A131 has been resolved. It no long shows up on my NUC.

Doc

JKlef
Novice

Many thanks for your info. I will start the update tomorrow morning. Maybe I have a new result ​.

By the way, I can still work without these updates, I ​have no problems with the nuc, I still love it☺

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. Please let me know, when possible, to see if the mentioned driver has disappeared from the list on your side as well. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice

Hello from cologne,

I have repeated the update, I deinstalled the IDSA, I started the update, now there were only 2 drivers to update.

The Chipset A131 is not on the list anymore.

Only the HD Graphics 630 and the TPS65988 Driver are marked for update.

The graphics driver results in an error (invalid version)

The TPS65988 update asked for the reboot.

Now I made the DSA zip file.

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. I appreciate the time you have given to provide us with the feedback. If possible, please attach the Intel ® System Support Utility report here as a .txt file, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JKlef
Novice

Hello David,

I run the tool.

Generates the report.

Please have al look

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKlef, Thank you for your response. Upon review of the information, I can see that you are using a Windows* build that is not yet a stable version of Windows, you are currently using an Insider's preview version and we cannot guarantee that the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant will work properly with this Windows build until it is released. What we can do is update the drivers manually if you'd like. Let me know since you have mentioned that the system is working properly, if you want to update the drivers I can guide you through the process. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

JKlef
Novice

Hello David,

many thanks for your investigation. It's true, I am still on a Microsoft inside version. I will wait a few weeks for the next Win10 Release in april and leave the inside program. (with the hope that the updates will be accepted)

Many thanks to you and the friendly customer @@Al.Hill. I am not alone with my NUC.

Best regards

Jan-Dirk Kleffel