cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Nuc8 i5 or Nuc10 i5?

Hi, due to high fan noise issue I returned teh Nuc10i7

in terms of needs (general tasks, office, internet, a litle audio recording etc.) i5 should be OK and I will give it a try

What do you recommend NUC 10th i5 or Nuc 8th i5?

(8th has a great benchmark and may be better GPU, but 10th is newer and more power efficient...)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The actual decision on whether to go with a i5 FN or a i5 BE depends upon the importance to you of graphics performance versus processing performance. The FN NUCs should have a slight processing advantage - and, as you say, a slightly better power efficiency - whereas the BE NUCs will definitely have a graphics performance advantage.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your answer! I do tend to agree that 8th is nice

1. Due to the fact that i7 was noisy and I returned it , is the fact that NUC 8th less power efficient (higher consumption) can mean it will be noisier?
  2. Will the RAM I have work with the 8th NUC? (Patriot Viper Steel 16GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Laptop Memory Model PVS416G266C8S)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have both FN and BE NUCs with i7. My units aren't noisy. If you had asked first, I would have told you to have your unit replaced. You may have just had a noisy blower; these sometime get missed in inspection.

The specs of both of these units W.R.T. noise levels is identical. If any unit isn't meeting this requirement, you should return it for replacement.

The memory should be fine in both units.

...S

0 Kudos