Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Alleged problem with Intel Optane memory (Invalid Disks) SSD

Fred5
Beginner
I have a 15dyxx core i7 1165g7 laptop with iris xe that was given to me 15 days ago and I saw that it has intel optane technology, however a message appears saying that there are no valid disk pairs in the system

the images are in spanish but its the same issue as in english

cd2f6a50-480f-4aca-ba31-551edf478e7f.png

I did not give it much importance, however when installing heavy apps between 50 or 60 GB or more I get an error message that

says one of my drives is at risk followed by SMART event

It should be said that this only appears when installing heavy applications such as games of more than 30 GB

af2e219f-91d8-45eb-9a44-e0ccdaf41371.png

When I give more information it takes me to the optane application and I click on scan and it tells me that the disk is at risk I click on delete smart and it tells me that it could not be deleted

d8cf5162-4d1e-4b37-bcbc-7cdc32b6db65.png

However, after a few minutes or seconds, when I scan it again, it tells me that the hard drive is working correctly and it appears green again, I think because right after the installation of the heavy apps is finished, it sort of returns to normal

Captura de pantalla (15).png

I searched the internet for help and found that it could be solved by installing something called setuprst.exe which is provided by intel

However, when executing the exe, a message appears saying that what I am about to install is an old version of rapid intel and that my system has a more recent version of rapid installer

the message is in spanish but i guess you unsderstand

face6c4c-5b69-4a37-b787-1be043099085.png

and it asks me if I want to continue and from there I closed the installer because I had my doubts whether to install it or not, taking into account that other people having more or less the same problem installed it and the problem was never corrected

So I was hesitant and better I also closed it for fear of causing a defect in the hard drive system by installing something old or a previous driver

It should be noted that the first is directly from the intel page and is the most recent version according to the intel page

Another thing is that I saw that disabling intel optane can be resolved, however I don't know how secure it is and I don't know if that would affect my ssd

because according to once the optane fails it cannot be fixed

And also I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but from what I saw on the web and in forums I read that Intel would no longer provide optane technology and that they were going to deactivate it from their computers and laptops, according to what I saw for reasons of failures and poor optimization failures. I don't know if they would support

what would you recommend?

any solution?

Is it necessary to take it under warranty?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Fred5.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I noticed that you opened another ticket via the support portal and that one of my colleagues already shared the information regarding this particular message, so I will just post it here for the community and close the thread.

When this message shows up, it is important to confirm if your system has an Intel Optane Memory installed, and if it does not, the message is just informational and the notification can be disabled; you may also review with the system manufacturer if the "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" application can be safely removed since it is not really required.

Additional details in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090028/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Your system does not have an Intel Optane Memory according to the information you have shared, only a Samsung NVMe disk, which means the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is not required and you can disable the notification as mentioned in that article:

1. Go to Start Menu > Settings System Notifications and Actions.
  2. Select the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application.
  3. Toggle notifications Off.

Regarding the SSD SMART event, this must be reviewed with either the SSD manufacturer or the system manufacturer, since the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is not an SSD diagnostic tool, it will just show there is a SMART event, or you may use the tools provided by Samsung to monitor the SSD health:

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/magician/

If somehow you still have any doubts, or if there are any problems confirming if the system has an Optane Memory or contacting the SSD/system manufacturers, please feel free to contact us directly via phone or chat for assistance during our support hours so this can be resolved quickly:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods using the previous link.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Whatever the case, your warranty (if any) is with HP, not intel.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Fred5.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I noticed that you opened another ticket via the support portal and that one of my colleagues already shared the information regarding this particular message, so I will just post it here for the community and close the thread.

When this message shows up, it is important to confirm if your system has an Intel Optane Memory installed, and if it does not, the message is just informational and the notification can be disabled; you may also review with the system manufacturer if the "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" application can be safely removed since it is not really required.

Additional details in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090028/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Your system does not have an Intel Optane Memory according to the information you have shared, only a Samsung NVMe disk, which means the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is not required and you can disable the notification as mentioned in that article:

1. Go to Start Menu > Settings System Notifications and Actions.
  2. Select the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application.
  3. Toggle notifications Off.

Regarding the SSD SMART event, this must be reviewed with either the SSD manufacturer or the system manufacturer, since the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is not an SSD diagnostic tool, it will just show there is a SMART event, or you may use the tools provided by Samsung to monitor the SSD health:

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/magician/

If somehow you still have any doubts, or if there are any problems confirming if the system has an Optane Memory or contacting the SSD/system manufacturers, please feel free to contact us directly via phone or chat for assistance during our support hours so this can be resolved quickly:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods using the previous link.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos