Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Can I safely uninstall Intel Optane Memory interface/driver v. 17.7.0.1006 from my Lenovo Ideapad 330S 151KB ?

JKent7
Beginner

I installed Intel Optane Memory, in order to disable it - as I believed Optane was installed, and disabling it would help setting up a dual-boot Linux/Windows setup. (*Now I'm not sure about either of those.)

I uninstalled the package, and checked the box to view the warning (same dialog). The warning said my system would be unbootalble after this, but the uninstall was already executing (that needs to be changed!). The final dialog said a restart was needed to complete the uninstallation. I didn't execute that.

I had made a restore point just before installing this package. I restored the system. There was a warning that the Optane driver was being restored, but it may need to be reinstalled after the recovery. So after the restore reboot (which was okay), I ran the install on that package again (as I believed the warning that my system would be unbootable without it. The install failed with error code 0xA0080001.

After that I tried to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface/driver. (*I believe that is applicable to my system.) The install failed because the Intel Optane Memory package is installed (even though it failed somewhat).

Can I safely uninstall Intel Optane Memory, and disregard the warning message (blue screen of death will result) ?

Lenovo Ideapad 33S 151KB

I downloaded the most recent packages from Intel.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"Can I safely uninstall Intel Optane Memory interface/driver"

There is no "safely" here. Whatever your configuration, you need to make certain your data is backed up before you start doing anything.

Doc

0 Kudos
JKent7
Beginner

But it will be safe if the laptop was never using that in the first place. Was it? I backup up my critical data before I restored the system.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello JKent7,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Support.

In this case, since the Intel® Optane™ Memory Series and the software in your PC came preinstalled from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) we advise you to contact Lenovo* to get further assistance and recommendations on how to uninstall the software that came with your PC.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JKent7
Beginner

Hi, The Intel Optane Memory application/driver didn't come pre-installed. I need to know whether removing that will cause a problem. I want it back the way it was. The BIOS has two options for the controller: RST w/ Optane Memory, and ACHI. It's set to the first. I don't have any "Optane" branded memory.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello JKent7,

Thank you for your reply,

As mentioned by the community we can not assure you that after uninstalling any kind of software/driver you may not experience an issue with your OS, we recommend you to have a backup of your information before doing any changes in your system, if your goal is to return your PC to factory default state, we advise you to get in contact with your OEM to get further instructions on how to do this process.

Have a nice day.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello JKent7,

We were reviewing your community post, which is related to the Intel® Optane™ Memory Software, and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello JKent7,

We have not heard from you since your last post 8 days ago, please, let us know if you need further information related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

A Contingent Worker at Intel®.

0 Kudos