Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Cant Install Optane, Please help

dAlbe3
Novice

Hi guys i just purchaced an optane 16gb and tried to install it, it says that the Bios does not support it, but that is not true, i updated to the most recent version of bios and my mother board definatly supports optane.

my Computer Rig is as follows:

Cpu : i5 7600k

Ram : corsair 8gb single stick

Mobo : AsRock Z270 m-itx/ac

HDD : Seagate barracuda 500gb

PSU : Corsair CX 450m

GPU : EVGA 1050 ti

Please let me know what i can do to fix my problem. i have tried a few things but nothing works, i had a look in disk management and it does show the optane drive as unallocated space.

i have even reinstalled windows 3 times now.

Thank you.

Dominic Alberts

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dAlbe3
Novice

Never mind i fixed it myself, not that anyone has even answered my question...

i spent hours on forums trying to get a straight answer on how to install Optane, everyone claimed to know but no one actually said anything of value. For all those wondering, in order to install Optane memory, you need to meet 4 requirements, update your Bios to the latest version or the one that supports Intel Optane, then make sure to make a UEFI windows Bootable USB to boot from and install windows (if you have EUFI already then dont worry about reinstalling windows), set Bios to AHCI mode before running Boot USB(because your motherboards Optane app will need it to install the optane because it allows you to see it in the bios.) and then last of all make sure the hdd you are installing windows on or the one you have already is formatted in GPT.

like i said if you have all of that checked, it should run smoothly without any problems, just run your MOBO's Optane App or intels one off the website and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone with problems.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dAlbe3
Novice

Never mind i fixed it myself, not that anyone has even answered my question...

i spent hours on forums trying to get a straight answer on how to install Optane, everyone claimed to know but no one actually said anything of value. For all those wondering, in order to install Optane memory, you need to meet 4 requirements, update your Bios to the latest version or the one that supports Intel Optane, then make sure to make a UEFI windows Bootable USB to boot from and install windows (if you have EUFI already then dont worry about reinstalling windows), set Bios to AHCI mode before running Boot USB(because your motherboards Optane app will need it to install the optane because it allows you to see it in the bios.) and then last of all make sure the hdd you are installing windows on or the one you have already is formatted in GPT.

like i said if you have all of that checked, it should run smoothly without any problems, just run your MOBO's Optane App or intels one off the website and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone with problems.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
CMora8
New Contributor I

The before you buy page would've probably helped: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000023994.html Before You Buy Intel® Optane™ Memory

PS. Intel guys are only here to help during weekdays.

0 Kudos