Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Clarification on 16.5.1.1030 issue.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Note: An issue was found in the Intel® Optane™ Memory Application (SetupOptaneMemory) version 16.5.1.1030.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27682/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745

Is this issue serious enough to warrant removing 16.5.1.1030 and dropping back to 16.0.2.1086?

16.5.1.1030 is currently installed on my system and appears to be working correctly.

1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Nosirrahx.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory Application (SetupOptaneMemory) version 16.5.1.1030 has been temporarily removed from the support site until a fix can be implemented.

To answer your question

Is this issue serious enough to warrant removing 16.5.1.1030 and dropping back to 16.0.2.1086?

This version of the Intel® Optane™ Memory Application has been temporarily removed due to the customer feedback regarding some errors on different parts of the setup process.

If you are using the 16.5.1.1030 version and it works for you feel free to continue using this version, but in case that you experience any problems your options will be to switch to the Intel® RST Application (SetupRST.exe) version 16.5.1.1030 or to roll back to the Intel Optane Memory software 16.0.2.1086.

We hope you find this information useful.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nosirrahx.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory Application (SetupOptaneMemory) version 16.5.1.1030 has been temporarily removed from the support site until a fix can be implemented.

To answer your question

This version of the Intel® Optane™ Memory Application has been temporarily removed due to the customer feedback regarding some errors on different parts of the setup process.

If you are using the 16.5.1.1030 version and it works for you feel free to continue using this version, but in case that you experience any problems your options will be to switch to the Intel® RST Application (SetupRST.exe) version 16.5.1.1030 or to roll back to the Intel Optane Memory software 16.0.2.1086.

We hope you find this information useful.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DColq
Beginner

Can you clarify how to downgrade? I am unable to open the Optane UI now. An error dialogue box appears when it launches, and it closes the app immediately once dismissed. So I'm unable to Disable the Optane feature to downgrade the application.

Is there a way other than in the GUI App to disable this? A command line utility perhaps?

0 Kudos
DColq
Beginner

Figured it out myself. In the BIOS you can "deconcatenate" which will result in a still-bootable system with no data loss (just make sure the option to retain data is selected).

After this point you can uninstall the Optane UI software. I then installed the latest RST software as suggested as a workaround, reconfigured my Optane volume, and it succeded. However the RST GUI application closes immediately on launch. Seems like it has a similar error, but doesn't pop a window?

Oh well, at least I know what to do now to uninstall it as well when the fixed version of the Optane sw is released.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DataSquid,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue you were experiencing and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
DColq
Beginner

While the RST software crashes, I can live without being able to manage my pinning settings until the fixed version of the Optane UI is released. Given I now know how to uninstall the Optane/RST software when it isn't working, my original question has been answered and this topic can be closed. Thanks.

0 Kudos