Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Error Enabling Intel Optane Memory?

lalva6
Beginner

I'm getting this error:

Unsupported System BIOS or System Bios is set in Legacy Mode.

Contact your BIOS vendor for the latest version and support.

Error Code: 0xA008002D

I have a Lenovo Legion Y530 purchased this year.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi effyintel,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

According to the report file attached, your system is set in UEFI mode and actually, the Intel® Optane™ Memory is paired with your drive so it is currently enabled and working in your system.

On the other hand, your laptop model is supposed to include the Intel® Optane™ Memory from the purchase and it should be up and running since then. If you have any issue, we can try to help you, however we highly recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer when it refers to Intel® Optane™ Memory configurations/issues as the module should come ready to use in the system.

Configuring a laptop system is not the same as a desktop system, and the manufacturer may have included special features and settings in BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of. Before doing any system changes, it's best to contact the manufacturer for assistance.

Regarding to the error code, it means that there might be a BIOS update for your system or that something has changed, but you would have to contact Lenovo* in order to confirm this. You can check additional information about this error code in the following article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024113/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html?_ga=2.75419990.599825852.1539956012-1716436649.1536075640. However, as I mentioned, according to the report file, the Intel® Optane™ Memory looks fine and it's currently working and enabled.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
idata
Employee

Hi effyintel,

Just wondering if you were able to solve the issue by contacting Lenovo*.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
lalva6
Beginner

Yes, I no longer have the error.

Thanks Diego V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi effyintel,

That's great! Thank you for confirming the issue was solved.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
ST9
Beginner

hi lalva6

I have the same issue with my y530 please help me through the steps

thanks in advance

regards

siri

0 Kudos