Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Have some trouble with Optane

MTâm
Beginner

Screenshot (21).pngGreeting. I have some question.About my system: I have 1 SSD 500Gb 970 Evo Plus , 1 HDD Seagate 2Tb, 1 Optane. Currently, I use 970 Evo to primary windows boot. i5-9600K, Asrock Z390 Extreme4, Gigabyte RX580. Every system, components driver is up to date.

First. Does Optane still accelerate my HDD when I choose 970 Evo is primary boot ? I asked that Because when I open Intel Optane Memory, It appear " No Statistic Available" and No pinning file while Its status is enable and accelerating your system.

Second, SSD 970 Evo Plus windows boot time only 5 seconds, but when I install HDD with 32Gb Optane it take 20 seconds to boot. I wonder If Optene and 970 Evo Plus interrupt each other because when I enable Optane. Storage Controller automatic uninstall Samsung NVME controler and install Intel RTS... I have disable optane then instal Samsung NVME controller then it fast again but the optane is diasble. So can you help me find some way that both 970 Evo and Optane work well.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MTâm, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MTâm
Beginner

Thank you, Josh B

0 Kudos
MTâm
Beginner

Screenshot (33).png

0 Kudos
MTâm
Beginner

Screenshot (37).pngScreenshot (36).pngScreenshot (35).pngScreenshot (34).png

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MTâm, Thank you for your reply. Based on the SSU logs and screenshots you provided we noticed the following: • You do not have the unallocated space of at least 5 MB at the end of your bootable drive. • The Intel® Optane™ Memory is accelerating your secondary HDD of 2TB. • Please take into consideration that the Pinning option and Statistics will only be displayed when accelerating a System drive. • As per the situation you are describing seems to be that the RST software and the software from your Samsung* NVME drive are not compatible to work together. As an option, you can try to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and Driver for System Acceleration (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28401/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration-for-Intel-7th-8th-Gen-Platforms) to see if you experience a different behavior with this software. If not, we recommend you to contact Samsung*to check for a different version of his software. Note: Intel recommends that end users utilize driver updates provided by their system manufacturer/provider or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. System manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, the use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MTâm
Beginner
Wow, Thank you for everything. Wish the best for you.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MTâm, Thank you for your reply. We will like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MTâm
Beginner
Yes you can close the case. Thank youuuuu
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MTâm, Thank you for your reply. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos