Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Hi. Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the latest version, I keep on receiving this error code: "unable to load dll 'iastorafsserviceapi.dll': the specified module could not be found." What should I do to fix this?

MV24
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 15 (9570) Laptop with Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Type: PCle solid state drive

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) installed, but it looks like one of its DLLs was lost during the Windows update. Sadly, no surprise here; though I haven't heard of this affecting RST before, I have seen other packages screwed up this same way during Windows 10 upgrades. When I suggest you do is uninstall the Intel RST software package (from Apps and Features), reboot and then install it again.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) installed, but it looks like one of its DLLs was lost during the Windows update. Sadly, no surprise here; though I haven't heard of this affecting RST before, I have seen other packages screwed up this same way during Windows 10 upgrades. When I suggest you do is uninstall the Intel RST software package (from Apps and Features), reboot and then install it again.

Hope this helps,

...S

MV24
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you have not Optane Memory Module installed in your laptop, I suggest that you open the Optane part in the RST software and disable Optane Memory.

Leon

0 Kudos