Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Hi Team, When I open my intel optane application I am getting the error message as "The intel Optane Memory application ran into problem with error code 0xA0010063".

MD0001
Beginner

I am using laptop my model is lenovo ideapad 330s-14IKB U. It has 16 GB optane memory. I have attached the error screenshot and the intel log from path C:\Users\manoj\Intel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MD0001
Beginner

Hi,

I am attaching the logs here after the installation of Intel RST driver and tried to enable the optane memory.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi  MD0001,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group, with your request for assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Since we don’t have sufficient details about your system, we are requiring with your cooperation to provide us with some information about it. To do this, Intel® has available, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*; you’ll be able to download it on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

·        Please download the software.

·        When finished downloading it, open it and follow instructions

·        Please attach the SSU Log text file obtained on your next your reply.

To help you further with your request, It will be very helpful to receive from you, a screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows, showing all your HDDs and partitions.

Please let us know if you might need additional support with your installation.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

MD0001
Beginner

Hi Santiago,

I followed your instruction and generated SSO log. I am attaching the log and the disk management screenshot here,

Thanks

Manoj Kumar D.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MD0001,

Thank you for your reply to Intel® SSD support group with your request for assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

According with the information you provided on the SSU Logs and your Intel® drive is an OEM product from LENOVO*.  Intel® provides generic versions of hardware, software and drivers; OEM may have altered features or incorporated customizations or other changes.

In this case, if you are experiencing issues with, or have questions about your computer system, the system manufacturer is the best source of support.

As per the Disk Management image capture, we have seen on your primary drive, a very important detail missing; to support system acceleration with Intel Optane Memory, your primary drive, must contain at least 5MB of continuous unallocated space at the end of the bootable drive. Intel Optane™ Memory needs the space to store configuration information and to successfully pair the accelerated drive with the memory module. For your benefit, Intel® has created several tools to help you out, please follow instructions on the Installation Guide for Intel® Optane™ Memory; it can be found on the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Also, your Intel® Optane™ Memory has been formatted as a regular SSD and is this way is not possible to offer acceleration to the selected data drives; to return to original state, please remove partitions by following the instructions found in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022179/memory-and-storage.html

In addition to this, Intel® offers convenient video resources to accomplish your Optane™ Installation, please follow this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023884/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Please let us know if you might need further assistance after contacting OEM.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MD0001,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support.

This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply.

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MD0001,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support.

This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply.

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
Astawowski
Novice

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. 

Even after formating my hard drive, I'm still getting message "the disk selected for this operation contains user data." with error code  0xA0010063.

I don't know whats going on, becouse the hard drive is empty.

I'm attaching the scan txt.

0 Kudos