I have a problem while trying to enable Intel Optane Memory and pairing with my HDD drive.
I'm always getting a comunicate that "The disk selected for this operation contains user data."
with error code 0xA0010063
I had already low-level formated my HDD, and still getting this error.
I'm attaching my SSU txt file below.
Good day, and thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.
I received your thread regarding this error during the Optane Memory setup, I will be glad to assist you.
Looks like you are following the correct procedure found in the article related to this specific error:
Just to make sure, do you have information store inside the Optane Memory drive?, you mentioned that you already performed the low-level format on the HDD, but this has to be performed on the Optane Memory module, if you have information on it, please transfer it to the HDD or a different drive, just in case.
Let me know if the same error persists after erasing the Optane Memory drive.
Intel Customer Support Technician
1. Your HDD being accelerated should have partition type GPT (rather than MBR) and should have NTFS format, so please check if this is the case.
2. In the end of this HDD you should prepare 5 MB of unallocated space.
3. In the SSU report, you have attached, I can see that the Size of the Toshiba HDD is 951,51 GB, however Size - Available: "0.0 bytes" . Clean this disk with Diskpart Clean All Command in Administrative Command Prompt.
4. In the Disk Management, until Enabled, you should see the Optane Memory SSD as unallocated space.
1. Yes it is. HDD has GPT partition type.
2. Yes, I have about 6.7 MB Unallocated Space on HDD.
3. I just create a new Volume, now it's 931GB available
4. Yes, I see Intel Optane memore as Unallocated space.