Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Error - The disk contains user data - 0xA0010063

Astawowski
Novice

Hello,

I have a problem while trying to enable Intel Optane Memory and pairing with my HDD drive.

I'm always getting a comunicate that "The disk selected for this operation contains user data." 

with error code 0xA0010063

I had already low-level formated my HDD, and still getting this error.

I'm attaching my SSU txt file below.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Astawowski
Novice

OK I solved the problem by myself.

I just used  clean all comand for Intel Optane Memory disk using windows DiskPart.

Now everything works.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @Astawowski.

Good day, and thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding this error during the Optane Memory setup, I will be glad to assist you.

Looks like you are following the correct procedure found in the article related to this specific error:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056918/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Just to make sure, do you have information store inside the Optane Memory drive?, you mentioned that you already performed the low-level format on the HDD, but this has to be performed on the Optane Memory module, if you have information on it, please transfer it to the HDD or a different drive, just in case.

Let me know if the same error persists after erasing the Optane Memory drive.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Astawowski
Novice

Hello,

thanks for responding,

I have low-level formated either HDD and Intel Optane Module using KillDisk Program.

And I still have this issue.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Astawowski 

1. Your HDD being accelerated should have partition type GPT (rather than MBR) and should  have NTFS format, so please check if this is the case.

2. In the end of this HDD you should prepare 5 MB of unallocated space.

3. In the SSU report, you have attached, I can see that the Size of the Toshiba HDD is 951,51 GB, however Size - Available: "0.0 bytes" .  Clean this disk with Diskpart Clean All Command in Administrative Command Prompt. 

4. In the Disk Management, until Enabled, you should see the Optane Memory SSD as unallocated space.

Leon

Astawowski
Novice

1. Yes it is. HDD has GPT partition type. 

2. Yes, I have about 6.7 MB Unallocated Space on HDD.

3. I just create a new Volume, now it's 931GB available

4. Yes, I see Intel Optane memore as  Unallocated space.

0 Kudos
Astawowski
Novice
I'm very suprised by the current situation becouse everything worked before the CPU change.
(i3-8100 -> i5-8400)
Admittedly, before the replacement, I forgot to separate the HDD from the Intel Optane.
But after rebooting system with new CPU, something wrong had happened and my HDD wasn't detected by the system. I had formated it, and at the moment I'am trying to pair them again.

Maybe now you understand my situation.
0 Kudos
Astawowski
Novice

I'm attaching some pictures.

0 Kudos
Astawowski
Novice

OK I solved the problem by myself.

I just used  clean all comand for Intel Optane Memory disk using windows DiskPart.

Now everything works.