Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

How do I get Intel Optane Memory module re enabled after having to replace my SSD and reinstalling Win 10?

JNipp2
Beginner

I had a ssd crash in my desktop. It has m.2 16gb optane memory module in it. I've replaced the drive with a new one. Had to start over with Win 10 recovery disc. I can't get the Optane memory to enable. Tried RST and Optane Memory Installer. Last error was with Itel Optane Memory Installer (0xa0010055) I've also ensured that newest drivers are installed. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Since you didn't disabled the ennoblement to the previous installation, you need to do now from Bios settings. I don't know how your Bios looks so, I can't you give exact instructions. For example in NUC7i7GNHE you open in BIOS Add-Inn Config page. Next, press on Configure, near Intel Rapid Store Technology. Now, press on Optane Volume and finally on Disable. I'm attaching images, however, your Bios will probably look different.

Leon

deviceAddInnNUC7i7DNHE.jpg

optanVolumeNUC7i7DNHE.jpg

optanVolumeInfoNUC7i7DNHE.jpg