Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

How much difference does optane 16gb and 32gb speed?

최민치00
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

There is no significant difference in speed, however there is difference in cache capability. If you you are using your PC for gaming for example, the 16GB may not be enough, since Windows cached part takes almost all of the 16GB capability. So, when you will load game, the old cached part is pushed out of cache and takes time to cache the new part. So in heavy use, the 32GB version is more suitable (or, even 64GB version).

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

There is no significant difference in speed, however there is difference in cache capability. If you you are using your PC for gaming for example, the 16GB may not be enough, since Windows cached part takes almost all of the 16GB capability. So, when you will load game, the old cached part is pushed out of cache and takes time to cache the new part. So in heavy use, the 32GB version is more suitable (or, even 64GB version).

Leon

0 Kudos
최민치00
Beginner

I want to use it when playing games.

Is the game loading speed between 16gb and 32gb more than doubled in real life?

I have 16gb.

Thanks.​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would "pin" the game. That means you need the 32gb module. The 16gb module does not support pinning.

Doc

0 Kudos
최민치00
Beginner
0 Kudos