Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I am not able to enable Intel Optane Memory... Pls help.. My laptop is performing very slow... As i open the intel rapid storage technology it shows an error on the ssd 13gb and not able to enable intel optane memory..

BAlle17
Beginner

In the Intel Optane Memory tab it shows"Your system appears to be Intel Optane Memory ready but no Intel Optane memory modules were detected in your computer... Someone pls respond as soon as possible thanks.....

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

I think you have other issues. And, your performance problem is caused by something else.

I recommend you take your device to a repair shop and have a technician look at it before you cause a serious issue. Also, you definitely should make a backup now.

Doc

View solution in original post

21 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

Hi thanks for responding. Is this which you wanted? Check and tell me? I runned the System Support Utility

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you enabled Optane support in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

How to check that? Pl guide me.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I can't help you. How this is exposed is different in practically every BIOS. You will need to contact your laptop manufacturer's support folks for this.

...S

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

In the bios it is detected but the status is showing smart event...

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

Is there any way to reset it or something like that?

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

And yes i have enabled optane support... But it is saying that please install a compatable module in rapid storage technology

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Did you, or do you, have an optane module? Did your laptop come with one?

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @BAlle17​ 

1. In the SSU report I can't see your Optane Memory Module.
  2. Please attach to your post image of Disk Management.
  3. In addition open ans Administrative Windows PowerShell (right click on Windows icon in right bottom corner).
  4. In the PowerShell, run command diskpart and press enter. Then run command list disk and press enter. Attach image of PowerShell to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I see no optane module. You should procure an optane module.

Doc

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

So then why it is showing an error symbol on SSD and showing Your system is reporting one or more events and data may be at risk?

0 Kudos
BAlle17
Beginner

And why is it affecting my pc's performance.. My booting speed has slowed down my multi tasking speed is slowed down earlier it was very smooth..?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I think you have other issues. And, your performance problem is caused by something else.

I recommend you take your device to a repair shop and have a technician look at it before you cause a serious issue. Also, you definitely should make a backup now.

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @BAlle17​ 

1. I don't know why your system performance is low. It may be caused by other reason than Optane. I agree with Al that you have no Optane Memory Module installed in your laptop. Therefore your HDD can't be accelerated. I suspected this after analyzing your SSU report. I've asked for the images to confirm that.
  2. In case that you will have Optane memory installed and enabled you should see it in the "Storage" section of the SSU report. See the attached report from my computer, using Optane Memory.
  3. So, if you want to accelerate your HDD with Optane Memory, you need to buy one and install first. Before doing so, ensure with your laptop support that Optane is supported by BIOS.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, optane is not necessarily going to help you with a poorly maintained OS, startup programs, disk capacity, lack of memory, etc, not to mention your anti-virus and any viruses or PUPS. This is where the repair shop can help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download WD Data Life Diagnostics and check your drive.

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Using a smartphone, take a picture of the BIOS screen that shows the S.M.A.R.T. event and upload and attach this picture to your response.

...S

0 Kudos