Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I cant Enable my Intel Optane Memory to Accelerate my Secondary HDD.

FAnno
Beginner

Hello Intel,

Like i said, i cant Enable my Intel Opt. Mem. its Dedected. Inside BIOS and Intel RTS but "Enabled" is greyed out.

First things first.

I want to use my Samsung EVO 970 Nvm as Primary ( M.2_1 ) and boost my Secondary 3TB(GPT-Partition) to accelerate.

I tryed AHCI and RAID. Normaly i use AHCI but when i first time Installed the Driver i got Bluescreen while booting to Windows 10.

My System:

Mainboard: ASUS Strix Z270F ( I updated to newest BIOS 1301 )

Intel Optane Memory Updated to newest Firmware. M.2_2 Intel Optane Ready

CPU: Intel I7 7700K

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 1709 ( 16299.820 - newest Updated )

Software: Intel RST ( 16.x )

I.jpg

0 Kudos
13 Replies
FAnno
Beginner

BIOS Settings (including Intel RST Version )

b4.jpgb3.jpgb2.jpgb1.jpg

Do i need a newer Version of BIOS Intel RST EFI Driver?

Or can i use 15.5.0.2875 i heard i guess that i need 16.x.x for BIOS too? Its working with 15.5.0.2875, i just read it on Intel with Z270 Chipset.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Why are you on w10 1709? Upgrade (to 1809) and try again.

Doc

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

Because of better Performance, do i need Windows 1803-1809 to get Intel RST running with Intel Optane Memory?

I don't understand when i switch ( BIOS ) Storage RAID Support to Disabled -> I get Bluescreen and cant Boot to my Samsung SSD NVMe.

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

I think i found out why its not working. I was Installing Intel Optane Memory Programm ( w. Driver ) it caused Bluescreen, so i was forced to set Raid Support to Enabled. Without Bluescreen again.

I checked Posts before me.

How can i get the newest Driver is it in Intel RST Package? Why didnt it overwrite the old Driver?

Intel R1.jpg

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

They should definitely warn us to install that Version of Intel Optane Memory, a lot of People got Bluescreens because of that Driver. I deleted that Driver i cant even use AHCI,now. I will reinstall now with Windows 10 1809 and newest Driver from Station Drivers.

I think it should fix it.

I will report, soon.

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

I got it, its working now :)

Make sure you got newest Intel Optane Driver, works !

BIOS Settings: AHCI

SVM: Off ( I installed Win10 UEFI Only )

Sec.jpg

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

I just dont unterstand why Intel removes newest Driver on their Site and put old Driver as latest. When it is working and the Old one is not working, just Bluescreen.

Download Link: https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=3785&lang=en

Setup is working, older one not. ( Says: PCIe cant be Accelerated, newest Version Works! )

Intel Optane Memory System Acceleration Version 16.8.0.1000 

Good Luck Guys!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should NEVER use these driver websites.

Doc

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner
0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

So now i encounter the next Problem. What Witchcraft is this, Intel? :D

I got Intel Optane running with BIOS EFI Driver 15.5.0.2875, but my NVMe SSD from Samsung was only Dedected in Device Manager, but i couldnt Install my Controller for it.

So I manually downloaded ASUS BIOS 1301 and Updated EFI Drivers and i could install NVMe Samsung Driver but! Intel Optane was not working anymore. Problem was before i couldnt Disable RAID Mode for my Samsung because it would cause a Blueescreen.

Problem is it needs to be disabled to install Samsung Driver, i got fixed with Updating it to EFI 17.x Version ( Now i reflashed my BIOS with 16.x ) . Intel Optane says now i need to update my BIOS :D. This is Totally Witchcraft Guys.

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

Now i will try to Extract EFI Drivers from ASUS BIOS (ASUS Strix Z370F) and copy them to ( ASUS Strix Z270F ) and reflash BIOS.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello FAnno, Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • Please take into consideration that the RST 16.5 and 16.7 drivers have been removed for installer changes. We hope to have the updated driver available soon. Please check download center at a later date for an updated driver. • We recommend you to open a ticket in parallel with your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Asus* in your case, in order to get the latest version of the driver, BIOS firmware and the recommended BIOS configuration in your motherboard and let us know the results. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello FAnno, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos