Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I failed to Resume after hibernating with Optane memory

nwen
Beginner

After installing the Optane memory I fail to resume from system hibernating

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 15063.483 (RS2)

Intel 730 SSD

32GB RAM

32GB Optane memory

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

We understand that your system failed to resume from hibernate after enabling system acceleration using your 32 GB Intel® Optane™ Memory module.

In order to better assist you, we would like some more information:

1. Does the issue only happen when returning from hybernate, or are you no longer able to boot?

2. What is the brand and model of your motherboard?

3. If you're still able to boot, please provide us with a screenshot from your Disk Management console (Right click start menu, select from list).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

We haven't heard back from you since your initial posting. Has the issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
nwen
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

Sorry for the late reply,

I thought i solved this problem just by turning off FAST BOOT in bios, this kind of problem does not seem to happen again.

And failing to resume from hibernate will happen when FAST BOOT enabled for 100%.Normally booting will not trigger this problem.

My motherboard is ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1 (with a core i7-7820x)with latest bios.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

Thank you for the information. If you would simply like to report the issue, please let us know.

If you're interested in troubleshooting the problem, we would like the following information:

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel™ System Support Utility Report.

2. MSINFO32 output.

1. Right click start menu, select Run from drop-down list.

2. Type "MSINFO32.exe" and press OK.

3. Go to File > Export > Save to a known location.

3. The Optane™ Memory Logs located at: C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs\

To enable attachments, you will need to use the advanced editor while replying. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
nwen
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for you to follow up this issue.

I successfully exported the logs.But because of my system version,MSINFO32 outputs is not an English version.It seems that SSU report is similar to MSINFO32 outputs,so i'm would like to attach only SSU report and optane log file.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

Thank you for these logs. Could you also share a screenshot of the following:

Using Command Prompt with Administrator rights:

1. Diskpart

2. List Disk

3. Select Disk 1 (replace 1 for the number listed next to your system drive on the previous table)

4. List partition

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
nwen
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

Here is the screenshot.I tried to translate all essential items.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

Thank you for the labels, they should definitely help. Please allow us some time to research this issue and find the next troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

We would like to take a look at the following information as well:

1. When your system crashes after returning from hibernate, what exactly happens? For example, do you receive a stop error (blue screen of death/BSOD), does your system freeze and shutdown, or does it fail to return from hibernate altogether?

2. If you receive BSOD errors, please share the dump file generated. This is usually located on the root folder of your boot drive (C:\) and is named memory.dmp or minidump.dmp.

3. Your even viewer logs:

Step 1 - Open Event Viewer: Right click on the start menu icon, open Run. Type "Eventvwr.msc" and press OK.

Step 2 - Clear your logs:

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-475607-368506/Clear.jpg

-

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-475607-368507/Clear 2.jpg

Step 3: Reproduce the issue.

Step 4: Open Event Viewer again and save the logs: Right click on System, under Windows logs. Select to "Save All Events As..."

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-475607-368601/Save.jpg

Once you've saved your log to a file, you'll simply need to switch over to the advanced editor to enable attachments.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
nwen
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

After flashing the latest BIOS(TUF X299 MARK 1 BIOS 0702,released yesterday),I could resume from hibernation normally with fastboot enabled.This kind of problem no longer appears.

Thank you for tracking issue for so long.

And I have another question.In Intel SSD toolbox,Intel SSD Optimizer is disabled.Will this influence system performance?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noecue,

We're glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Thanks for keeping us updated.

As far as Optimizer goes, when system acceleration with Optane™ Memory is enabled, garbage collection tasks such as the optimizer (Trim) are performed by the Intel® RST driver instead. So even though the feature in toolbox is disabled, the job is still getting done.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos