Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I would like to ask that, Intel Rapid Storage and Optane Memory can not be install in a computer ?

AChun11
Beginner

Hi sir, i want to ask that if my computer had install SSD and Intel Rapid Storage, but i also have bought the Intel Optane Memory for my HDD, once i install the Intel Optane Memory program, the system pop-out said that, i already install Intel Rapid storage, so Optane memory can not be install. By the way, my mother board is Aorus Master Z390, which is support Intel Optane Memory. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AChun11,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Both applications, the Intel® Optane™ Application and the Intel® RST Application includes the RST drivers, so if you have installed one of them and then you try to install the other one, you will get that error message because your system already has the drivers (even though they are different applications).

However, you can use both of them to configure and setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so if you already have the Intel® RST application, you can use it to setup the module. Just make sure you are using the latest version which is, at this time, the 16.8 version.

If you want, for some reason, to use the other application, you will have to uninstall the one that you have first, and then install the other one.

You can download both of them from the following sites:

I hope this information clarifies your concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AChun11,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Both applications, the Intel® Optane™ Application and the Intel® RST Application includes the RST drivers, so if you have installed one of them and then you try to install the other one, you will get that error message because your system already has the drivers (even though they are different applications).

However, you can use both of them to configure and setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so if you already have the Intel® RST application, you can use it to setup the module. Just make sure you are using the latest version which is, at this time, the 16.8 version.

If you want, for some reason, to use the other application, you will have to uninstall the one that you have first, and then install the other one.

You can download both of them from the following sites:

I hope this information clarifies your concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi AChun11, Just wondering if there is anything else I can help you, or if the information above answered your concern. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos