Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Installed Optane and now only 1 of my 2 HDDs show up

fernanmd1
Beginner

I installed Optane and now only 1 of my 2 HDDs show up, my OS is on a M.2 SSD and I boosted a 6TB HDD but my 4TB HDD will not show up, not even in the BIOS. I plugged it into numerous other SATA ports on the mobo, nothing seems to fix it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Since both M.2 slot are occupied - one with the System SSD and the second with the Optane Memory Module, you can't use SATA3_0, SATA3_1, SATA3_4, SATA3_5 connectors any more.
  2. Connect the first HDD to SATA3_2 or SATA3_3 (both connectors can't be used together).
  3. Connect the other HDD to SATA3_A1 or SATA3_A2 (both connectors can't be used together).
  4. In BIOS settings Advanced\Storage configuration set M2_1/ SATA3_0_1 Switch to [Force_M2_1] Switch to M2_1 and M2_2/ SATA3_4_5 Switch to [Force_M2_1] Switch to M2_2
  5. Hope this will help. If not please ask Asus support.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. What is the P/N, model of your mother board?

2. What is the version of Windows and BIOS?

Leon​

0 Kudos
fernanmd1
Beginner

Mother board is ASRock Z370 Extreme4, BIOS 4.10, Windows 10 1903

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Since both M.2 slot are occupied - one with the System SSD and the second with the Optane Memory Module, you can't use SATA3_0, SATA3_1, SATA3_4, SATA3_5 connectors any more.
  2. Connect the first HDD to SATA3_2 or SATA3_3 (both connectors can't be used together).
  3. Connect the other HDD to SATA3_A1 or SATA3_A2 (both connectors can't be used together).
  4. In BIOS settings Advanced\Storage configuration set M2_1/ SATA3_0_1 Switch to [Force_M2_1] Switch to M2_1 and M2_2/ SATA3_4_5 Switch to [Force_M2_1] Switch to M2_2
  5. Hope this will help. If not please ask Asus support.

Leon

0 Kudos