Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory Pinning error

MXP
Beginner

I have recently updated Windows 10 with the 2004 update. Since then I have been getting the error: Intel Optane Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll.

The error is most noticeable whenever I am trying to use file explorer or when something tries to access storage.

I have scoured the internet and tried various solutions for several days now.

I have looked to uninstall Intel Optane Memory from System->Apps and from Control Panel but this does not appear in the listing so I can't uninstall it.

I can see Intel Optane Pinning in Device Manager under Software Components. I have uninstalled and selected to delete the driver multiple times but it keeps coming back.

I have uninstalled, re-installed, uninstalled Rapid Storage Technology several times using the latest driver from the Intel site. RST reports that my system is Optane ready but I don't have any modules so I cannot enable/disable anything in RST.

I have made no changes to my SSD or HDD drives or configurations.

Any ideas on anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MXP
Beginner

Apologies for not replying. Personal matters and I have been trying to resolve a number of issues on my laptop. Which I have done. And resolved this issue by installing the RST driver with Optane Memory support (even though I don't have Optane memory) version 17.9.1.1009.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MXP, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Besides changing the OS, did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

You mentioned there are no Intel® Optane™ Memory modules on your computer, is that correct?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello MXP, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Johan_ps
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I have the exact same issue as MXP discussed above. I tried the same solutions but I am having no luck. My computer is about 2 years old dell xps 15 9570. It was working fine before, the issue started happening after the windows 2004 update.

Thanks,

Johan

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello MXP, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Johan_ps, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MXP
Beginner

Apologies for not replying. Personal matters and I have been trying to resolve a number of issues on my laptop. Which I have done. And resolved this issue by installing the RST driver with Optane Memory support (even though I don't have Optane memory) version 17.9.1.1009.

0 Kudos