Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory service is not running.

PWiwa1
Beginner

Hello again. I just do a fresh install of Windows 10 1607 on my PC. Didn't have problem during installation. Once finish it actually work as I got message Intel Optane Memory is enabled and accelerating your system but I got message Intel Optane Memory service is not running in statistics tab and unable to pin in pinning tab. I try to enable Intel Optane Memory service in Windows services but got error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. How can I solve this ? Thanks in advance.

Here is my SSU log and screenshot of disk management.

DM.jpg

Best Regards.

Piyapon Wiwarin

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello PWiwa1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • We will like to know the software that you are using to accelerate your PC (Optane Memory or RST application) • We will like to know if you have tried to reinstall the acceleration software that you are using on your PC. • Please, provide us with a screenshot of the error that you are receiving. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PWiwa1
Beginner

Thanks for quick response. Software that I use is Optane Memory.

I already try disable Optane -> uninstall Optane driver -> reinstall Optane driver but still got this error message.

Here are a screenshots.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here is what happen if I try to enable Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory Service in Windows Services.

4.jpg

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello PWiwa1,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me share some information regarding the error you are experiencing.

Cause of Error 1053 Error Messages

There is Service Control Manager in Windows OS that controls the application state like start and stopping services automatically. By default, the Windows Service Control Manager waits for 30 seconds to respond to the services. However, several bad configurations, technical restriction, invalid registry editor, etc delay the services longer than 30 seconds and thus, resulting in the Service Error 1053.

In order to get instructions on how to solve this error that is related to the OS, we advise you to contact Microsoft*.

We found the following instructions on how to try to fix the corrupt or damaged system files that don’t respond and are resulting in this error message.

Open Command Prompt as Administrator. Go to start menu and type cmd in the search box. You will see the Command Prompt in the start menu. Right click on the menu and select Run as administrator. Now type following command and press Enter to start the scan.

Sfc /scannow

SFC.png

System File Checker is a free tool that is already installed on Windows OS. This tool goes through the whole system files and checks each file consistently. If it founds any damaged or deleted system files it restores the files. Once the scanning completed, gently restart the PC.

After restarting your PC please try to run the Optane application and service one more time. If this troubleshooting does not solve your issue please, try to reinstall the Optane application.

We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results.

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PWiwa1
Beginner

Thanks for reply.

No luck with Sfc /scannow

Untitled.jpg

The next 2 steps that I try is use CCleaner to fix registries. Still no luck. Also there are a lot of sites suggesting to add ServicesPipeTimeout.

https://www.how2fixerror.com/easiest-fix-windows-service-error-1053-the-service-respond/

Still no luck anyways.

I don't know if this relate to Windows 10 1607 or not since I never face this problem on 1803 and 1809. But please don't tell me to update Windows again.

According to my previous post https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004GPugHSAT/if-i-already-have-1tb-hdd-paired-with-optane-can-i-install-additional-os-

I said that I want to observ Nvidia drivers behavior in Windows 10 1607 and I was right. 1607 is much better than later version of Windows 10. Color management work correctly. Games no longer stuttering due to fullscreen optimization that come with Windows 10 1703 and later. Totalwar Warhammer 2 didn't crash randomly on loading screen anymore on 1607.

Can Intel engineers confirm that Optane actually work correctly on Windows 10 1607 ? Thanks in advance.

Optane is working and my PC is fast now. But I previously saw Optane optimization run on schedule every 1-2 days on Windows 10 1803 / 1809. So if the service didn't running there will be no optimization right ?

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello PWiwa1, Thank you for your reply. We are going to be working on your inquiry. We will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update or in case that further information is required. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello PWiwa1, Thank you for your patience. As mentioned in our previous post we worked on your inquiry and after reproducing your issue in our laboratory we were able to get to the following conclusion: "Intel® Optane™ Memory requires Windows* 10 RS2 (1702) or later to have the services running properly on the OS." We will be updating our documentation to reflect this soon. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PWiwa1
Beginner

Thanks for confirming.

Did you mean 1703 ?

Nevermind. I use Optane with 1607 for 2 weeks despite service is not running but I didn't notice slowdown compared to service running on 1803 / 1809.

You can close the case now. Thanks for assistance.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello PWiwa1, Thank you for your reply. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos