Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane show as another SSD

BMott
Beginner

I give up Intel.

For the last 4 hours I am trying to enable this optane module.

Here all the photos you can see from my BIOS.

• I am using the latest version: 17.0.0.1063 for the RST and the Intel RAID ROM/EFI BIOS modules: v17.0.0.3720 for the ROM.

My board is the rampage VI and the intel optane module is connected to the DIMM2_1 sourced from the PCH

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi BMott,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The configuration at BIOS level seems to be fine. Could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report to collect your system details? The tool will export the information in a text file, please attach that file in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please take a screenshot of the Disk Management window. To open Disk Management, press the Windows* key + x and then select Disk Management from the menu that will appear.

Please also run the following commands in the Command Prompt to take another screenshot:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Take a screenshot of this output.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DrWongKC
Beginner

I haven't experienced the exact problem you are having but based on my understanding, you have to install the iRST controller driver from Intel's website. By installing the iRST driver, it will also install a program. The iRST driver is here: "https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-"

In that program, you enable iRST.

All of these are done from the Windows 10 operating system and not the BIOS. Your BIOS settings are already correct.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi BMott,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The configuration at BIOS level seems to be fine. Could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report to collect your system details? The tool will export the information in a text file, please attach that file in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please take a screenshot of the Disk Management window. To open Disk Management, press the Windows* key + x and then select Disk Management from the menu that will appear.

Please also run the following commands in the Command Prompt to take another screenshot:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Take a screenshot of this output.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi BMott, Do you have any updates about this? Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi BMott, If you still need help with the module configuration, please provide us with the information I asked you in my previous post. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos