Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Is Intel smart response technology supported for Coffeelake CPU and Z370 MB ?

MIwas
Beginner

Hello Everyone;

Is there anybody to activate Intel Smart Response Technology with 8th Gen Coffeelake CPU and Z370chip Motherboard?

I tried to accelerate my HDD(not a system disk but a data disk) with Intel Opatane Memory(32GB) mounted on m.2 but I couldn't success.

I could proceed to final stage but unable to activate Optane Memory.

My PC configuration as follows;

Intel i5-8400

Gigabye Z370N-wifi

Windows10 64bit

m.2 Samsung EVO(OS installed)

m.2 Intel Optane memory 32GB

SATA3 Toshiba HDD

I want to hear any useful information from you,

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi nao,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel(R) Smart Response Technology.

We would like to inform you that Optane(TM) only accelerates the SATA boot drive. Secondary drives are not supported for system acceleration.

For more information you can check the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory- Intel.com

Intel(R) Smart Response Technology is part of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) software, we recommend you to contact the /community/tech/rapid-storage-technology Intel® RST support community in order to get further support with this situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
MIwas
Beginner

Hi!Junior M.

Lots thanks for your reply and advise.

I understand system requirement and how it does work.

Possibly intel 8th Gen CPUs or Motherboards for them do not support ISRT.

Well I would like to contact other communities.

Regards,

nao

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi nao,

Thanks for the reply.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with or if you want us to transfer the thread to the proper support community.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos