Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Missing Optane..

JTims1
Novice

Hello, i bought this board.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/WS-X299-SAGE-10G/overview/

and i bought the Intel MEMPEK1J064GA01 . I have set these up on my other computers, Z370 and Z390

well asus website Specs and Pictures are Blatantly saying Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready  . Well where is it? I spent $160.82 and the software will not work, like it did on my other machines. I want my optane to work with my hard drive to boost its performance, it is Great for my Game library that is Huge. I think its totally missing and looks like false advertising. Intel please help. Thank You. This is not a setup issue, something is missing.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JTims1 

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding Optane Memory not showing up or working properly, I will be glad to assist you.

Optane Memory on X299 systems supports the acceleration of the primary/boot drive only, other platforms indeed may provide the option to accelerate a secondary drive, let me know if this is your case.

Let me know also if you get a specific error message or code when you try to work with Optane Memory.

If you are trying to accelerate your primary/boot drive, please provide me with a full system report using Intel SSU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?v=t

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

here it is, what you cant make it work with the secondary drive? this is wrong, thats what i bought it for, my Z 370 can, and that came out before X299. it is my games drive that needs the boost, my C drive is a ssd. I have 14tb of games. This needs to be fixed if thats the case. It does not even show up as a optane with intel optane and storage management. It has tooken me a year to build this system because you could NEVER get a 10980XE  i did a week ago, i bought the board in september last year. This cant be hard to fix, if a Z370 can do it.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JTims1.

Thank you for the screenshots and all the information.

I completely understand your position and I know how hard is to build your system over a period of time, specially if it takes several months to get the specific parts I wanted since they were not available, and in this case and as you may know, different chipsets and motherboards offer different functionalities, and this is not an error that requires fixing.

My recommendation in this case would be to contact the motherboard manufacturer to check if they can provide you with other information regarding Optane acceleration for secondary drive, or a possible workaround to enable acceleration, but this is not supported/validated by us officially.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

yeh i am in contact with them. But it is Your Hardware and software that i bought and installed? is it not? Intel logo on the box and manual/website/ you do make the chipset? right. I would appreciate that the Optane development team contact asus and work this out. I love intel, dont care for amd, but I dont want to be treated any more worse, than the last year has been. I got ALOT $$$$ into this Build and just want it to work, cause it does on way cheeper boards and i need that feature, dont drop the ball on X299, Because it is gonna be a Long Time till we get something new from you, on that platform.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JTims1.

I understand you have invested a lot on this build, it is indeed a really great system, and the motherboard also lists Optane Memory support as show in the screenshot you shared, but secondary drive acceleration is not a feature available for this platform, the same way this platforms supports other features not available for other motherboards.

You can confirm this by checking note in the X299 section of the Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026040/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Since secondary drive acceleration is not officially validated or supported by us for this platform, please contact the motherboard manufacturer for further assistance; they may have implemented this in a different way, provide you other information regarding this feature, a work around, or confirm that it is not supported.

The ticket will be closed right now as there are no other recommendations we can provide, but if you require further assistance, please open a new community thread as this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos