Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

My Optane Memory sofware ran into a problem Error 0xA005004E The software ran into a problem,the error code is 0xA005004E. Please help me soon, my file details here

TThan8
Beginner

3.png2.png1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi TThan8,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I can see that this is the response for your previous post (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004DAVMrSAP/my-optane-memory-sofware-ran-into-a-problem-error-0xa005004ethe-software-ran-into-a-problemthe-error-code-is-0xa005004eplease-help-me-soon-my-file-details-here?t=1550029059826), so let’s continue here since all information is here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this error code has been reported in the past, and it has been fixed by un-installing the application, making sure there is at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the primary drive and then re-installing again the application. However, I can see that your partitions are not configured properly for the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

If I’m not mistaken, the primary drive in your system is Disk 0, but it only has one single partition C:, and the Disk 1 is a secondary drive with several partitions.

In order to configure the module properly, your primary drive’s partitions should look like in the picture below. Notice that the unallocated reserve space is located at the end of the drive:

Partitions.JPG

On the other hand, the secondary drive (in case you are planning to accelerate that one), should only have on single partition so you would have to format it as it is not currently formatted properly.

However, considering the fact that you are using a Dell* laptop, I highly recommend you to contact them for proper assistance configuring your system. When configuring laptop systems, it’s probable that they include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the manufacturer directly before doing any system change and also to get better assistance configuring the laptop correctly for the module.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi TThan8,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I can see that this is the response for your previous post (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004DAVMrSAP/my-optane-memory-sofware-ran-into-a-problem-error-0xa005004ethe-software-ran-into-a-problemthe-error-code-is-0xa005004eplease-help-me-soon-my-file-details-here?t=1550029059826), so let’s continue here since all information is here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this error code has been reported in the past, and it has been fixed by un-installing the application, making sure there is at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the primary drive and then re-installing again the application. However, I can see that your partitions are not configured properly for the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

If I’m not mistaken, the primary drive in your system is Disk 0, but it only has one single partition C:, and the Disk 1 is a secondary drive with several partitions.

In order to configure the module properly, your primary drive’s partitions should look like in the picture below. Notice that the unallocated reserve space is located at the end of the drive:

Partitions.JPG

On the other hand, the secondary drive (in case you are planning to accelerate that one), should only have on single partition so you would have to format it as it is not currently formatted properly.

However, considering the fact that you are using a Dell* laptop, I highly recommend you to contact them for proper assistance configuring your system. When configuring laptop systems, it’s probable that they include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the manufacturer directly before doing any system change and also to get better assistance configuring the laptop correctly for the module.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi TThan8,

Considering the information above and the recommendation to contact Dell* directly, I would like to know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos