Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No Compatible Disks for Intel Optane Memory

IIsma
Beginner

I got this when trying to install Intel Optane 32Gb

Motherboard : Aorus B360M Gaming 3

What i have done so far :

a) Convert to GPT

b) Sata Mode Selection : Intel RST With Intel Optane System Acceleration

c) RST Legacy OROM : Disabled

d) PCIe Storage Dev On Port 21 : RST Controlled

e) CSM Support : Disabled

0 Kudos
23 Replies
IIsma
Beginner

This file is inside C:User/Intel/Logs

0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

The rest of file

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I checked your computer report and I noticed your system is in Legacy mode instead of UEFI mode. The Intel® Optane™ Memory will not work as long as the system is in Legacy mode.

Additionally, I have noticed that you don't have a reserved unallocated space at the end of the booting drive that is needed for the module to work properly. Please check the following document at page 5 to see how the unallocated space should look like in your drive: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf

I recommend you to confirm everything is properly set so that the system changes to UEFI mode. I recommend you to take screenshots to the BIOS settings so that I can help you with that. You can take screenshots of the BIOS by pressing F12 or the Print Screen button. You will require a USB Flash memory connected because the images are saved there automatically. Please refer to this site for additional details about this: http://www.unboxingtreatment.com/2018/04/howto-take-screenshot-motherboard-bios.html http://www.unboxingtreatment.com/2018/04/howto-take-screenshot-motherboard-bios.html

If possible, please also take a screenshot of the information under the Peripherals tab in BIOS.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

I'd like to know if you were able to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory, or if you still need help with it.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

im sorry for the late reply,

currently i am working outside of my home area so i cannot do any changes to my computer.

I will reply to this thread again when i was able to do the changes.

By the way, thanks for the help Diego V.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for the response and don't worry, whenever you have the updates, please post them here.

I'll continue helping you if needed in order to setup your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Just wondering if you have had any chance to work on this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

Hello im back, sorry for the late

I have done the things that u want me to do but the problem is still there

here is the screenshot

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for the information.

Could you please run again the Intel® SSU to collect all system information and attach the file here? The tool is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, have you tried to run the Intel® Optane™ application and see what error message you get? If not, please run it so that we can have a better understanding of the issue. You can download the tool from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28256/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745

Please follow these steps as well and take a screenshot of the output:

1. Go to the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of this output.

I'll be waiting for your response

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for the information.

According to the report file, your system is still in Legacy mode so you won't be able to setup the module in this current state.

Your BIOS seems to be correctly configured, however the system somehow is set to Legacy mode after booting. I believe the reason of this behavior is the version of the OS you are using which is 10240. I recommend you to install a newer OS version.

In the past, I couldn't setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory because of the OS version. I was using a 15xxx version so I had to use a newer OS image version (17xxx) to configure the module properly. The one that you have is even older (10xxx) so it may have the same issue as the 15xxx.

Having said this, you would have to get a new Windows* OS image with a newer version and perform a clean installation process. You can create a USB media to boot from it and install a newer Windows* versions.

There are several guides from Microsoft* that explains how to do this, but I found another website with similar (and easier) instructions to create a USB media so that you can install the OS from it.

Please check the guide in the following site: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support. Basically, you have to download a Microsoft* tool that will help you through the process. The guide is well explained too and it's easy to follow.

Remember to reserve at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the drive.

Let me know if you have any doubts. I'll be waiting for your updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

I will update as soon as possible when i have freshly installed latest Windows 10 OS

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Once you have updated the OS version, please configure again the BIOS and check if you can enable the module from the Intel® Optane™ application.

If you still have issues with the process, please send me again the SSU report file, the information from Disk Management, the screenshot from the command prompt following the steps above, and the screenshot of the Intel® Optane™ application.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for the information

I can see now that the system is in UEFI mode, however the Intel® Optane™ Memory is still unrecognized by the OS.

Everything seems to be well configured, so let's check if the module is recognized at BIOS level. In order to do so, please go to your BIOS and navigate to the Peripherals tab and enter into the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology option. You should see there a list of all disks in your system, including the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

If the module is not listed there, then it's most likely damaged so you would have to contact the place of purchase for warranty resolution.

Another possible option would be to connect the module in another M.2 slot just to confirm the issue is not related to the port the module is connected to.

Please try this and let me know your results. Please attach a screenshot of content in the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology option.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

Intel optane is not detected in both M.2 Port, both have same result in Intel RST

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

Thank you for the quick confirmation

If the module doesn't appear there and everything else is well configured, the module is damaged. The same issue happened with the user in this thread (also using a Gigabyte motherboard): . The module didn't appear at BIOS, but after replacing it everything worked fine.

Please contact the place of purchase and ask them for a replacement because the module is damaged.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IIsma
Beginner

Okay, Thanks alot Diego for the help ! sorry for the late though

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

MuhdIzzat,

Don't worry about it. I'm here to help you.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MuhdIzzat,

I was wondering if you received any response from the place of purchase about the unit.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos