Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Memory setup says "unsupported chipset"

Sumit04
Beginner

Hi,

So I bought Optane 32GB and whenever I try to set it up it says Unsupported Chipset. I have a B360- PRO Gaming motherboard by ASUS and on their website it says the MB is Intel Optane Ready. I have a i5-8400 and I checked Intel's website and everything is compatible. My OS is on a NVME and although I know you cannot accelarate a NVME drive I was planning to accelerate my HDD 1TB WD Drive. I have checked and adjusted all the settings in my ASUS UEFI BIOS and I can confirm that the SATA mode is SATA mode is an Intel® Optane™ memory Enabled selection, not AHCI. INTEL RST is enabled on my BIOS and I downloaded the driver to the latest version. CSM is also disabled. Here is the log below for more info. Someone please find me a fix or please let me know if exchanging it for a new OPTANE might solve the issue as it comes up as a storage device. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sumit04
Beginner

Hi, I have returned the module because I spent a lot of time trying to make it work and it wasn't working. Followed many guides and tutorials on youtube and none of them worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi SSach2,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I’m a little confused about your description. Even though, you got the error about the chipset, you were able to install the application, right?

On the other hand, could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report? This tool will collect your system details so we can check if there is any issue related to the chipset. Please run the full report and export the data in a text file so that you can attach that file in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi SSach2,

Just wondering if you have any updates about this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Sumit04
Beginner

Hi, I have returned the module because I spent a lot of time trying to make it work and it wasn't working. Followed many guides and tutorials on youtube and none of them worked.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Sumit04,

Thank you for the update.

We’ll consider this thread as closed, but if you ever have another issue or concern, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We can try to help you in any way possible.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos