Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Service could not start

LNilv
Beginner

Hi,

I have disabled Optane, uninstalled then installed again. Still could not start.

Please, see attached Zip with

• "Service could not start error" screenshot
  • "Optane Service Setup" screenshot
  • "Optane Service About" screenshot
  • SSU log
  • \users\[me]\Intel\Logs.

Please, advise.

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LNilv, As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory installed on your Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • We will like to know if you had tried to use the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26753/NUCs-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-RAID-with-Intel-Optane-Technology-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i3BN-NUC7i5BN-NUC7i7BN) • We will like to know if your Intel® Optane™ Memory came installed at the moment that you purchase your Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH. We will be looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LNilv
Beginner

Hi Josh,

1. I have used SetupOptaneMemory.exe
  2. I have installed the Intel 32GB Optane Series PCIe M.2 Memory Module myself as well as Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5" Internal SSD and Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz SO-DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 16GB) into the Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC NUC Kit.

Thank you

0 Kudos
LNilv
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Update: I have reinstalled Win, run Chipset Device Software then SetupOptaneMemory.exe; and Optane Memory seems to work.

What benchmark would you recommend to make sure it works?

Thank you

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LNilv, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue you were experiencing by reinstalling your OS. We do not offer any benchmark tool to test Optaine acceleration at the moment but feel free to review the “How to Determine System Acceleration is Active with Intel® Optane™ Memory” article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023991/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html) We hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LNilv, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LNilv, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos