Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Pinning: Can't pin... Please log in as "Administrator" to drag & drop...

Hi,

I've installed Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management from Microsoft Store and Optane acceleration works as expected. I can also Pin items by right-clicking on an application shortcut and selecting "Pin to Intel Optane Memory"

however when I run the Management application, the Pinning section says 'Please log in as "Administrator" to drag & drop...'

running under an administrator acccount does not fix it

my account "J" is the main administrator account on the PC (I don't use a Microsoft account though, ie via my hotmail email address)

please advise?

thanks

J

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Re: Pinning: Can't pin... Please log in as "Administrator" to drag & drop...

LOL! Are they actually expecting that you are going to use the built-in account named "Administrator" for this function? That's moronic!

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello jmp909,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with an error related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory software. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the following information:

• Please, let us know the version of the Optane software that you have installed in your system.

Take into consideration that some features need special permission to run in your Windows* OS if you want to use the “drag and drop” option you need to run the application as an administrator every time you open the App or to modify the compatibility options by following the guide below from Microsoft*

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15078/windows-10-make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible

You need to select the run as administrator option, and it should work from now on.

If you need assistance on how to run programs as an administrator or to modify your account permissions, please contact your OS manufacturer.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

@JosafathB_Intel hi thanks, it's the latest version from the Microsoft Store

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagement_17.9.1008.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\RstHSA.Wpf\RstHSA.Wpf.exe

Product Version: 17.9.1008.0
Driver Version: 17.8.0.1065
Additional Components:
NLog for .NET Framework 4.5 (4.5.10)
Autofac 4.8.1
Json.NET 11.02
Namotion.Reflection 1.0.11
NJSon Scheme 10.1.12

setting compatibility mode to "run as Adminstrator" makes no difference

Advanced Security Settings on that file:

Owner: System
Permissions: Type = Allow, Prinicpal = J (my administrator account), Access = Full Control, Inherited from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

Running on Windows 10 Home (10.0.18363)

(Note: Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver is also running, although trying to run IAStorUI.exe fails since installing Optane app from the Window Store.  "An unknown error ocurred while running this application))

thanks
J

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello jmp909,

Thank you for your reply.

we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the following information:

• Your system configuration, including manufacturer, model, and part number of all your system components and a copy of the SSU logs obtained from the system that the Optane is connected.

1-         Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2-         When finished downloading it, open it.

3-         Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

CPU: Intel i7-8700k
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX980 4GB
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus (MS-7B61, BIOS 1.80)
System HDD: Intel Optane 32GB  (Intel MEMPEK1W032GA) + 2TB WD Black (WDC WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0)

thanks
J

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello jmp909,

Thank you for your reply and for the information provided.

Let us further investigate your inquiry related to the error you are experiencing, when you want to use the “drag and drop” option, in the Optane software.

We will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update, or in case further information is required.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos