Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Problems and questions regarding optane (bluescreens when updating, not even sure if optane is working)

VLapu
Beginner

My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 330s with 16gb intel optane (it was with the laptop). Every time I was prompted to update an intel driver by a lenovo software (intel rapid storage technology, not sure) a bluescreen would happen. I am not even sure if optane is working as intended as there is no optane driver in the device manager but the disk drive says the laptop has an "NVMe INTEL MEMPEK1J01". Is that the intel optane? Sorry I am not knowledgeable about intel optane. I just want to know what drivers do I install or update. Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello VLapu, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. • We will like to know the software solution that you are using to manage your Optane and the version. • We advise you to create a ticket in parallel with Lenovo* to discard any hardware/software issue. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello VLapu, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JSmit177
Beginner

Hello. I am VLapu. Unfortunately I forgot the username and password for that account but I can send the txt file now.

Also, I discovered that Intel Optane service is not running and is set to manual, and whenever I try to run it it fails. Hope this can be resolved

0 Kudos
JSmit177
Beginner
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JSmit177/ VLapu, Thank you for your reply. Based in the information you shared seems to be that your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series (16GB, M.2 42mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D XPoint™) that came included with your Lenovo PC is being recognized in the BIOS Based in the SSU logs but not by the OS based on the screenshot you provide us. In this case, we advise you to access to your BIOS and to try to disable the Optane acceleration from the BIOS if possible. In case this feature is not available or you need further assistance on how to do it our recommendation is to contact your system OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Lenovo* in your case. We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JSmit177/ VLapu, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JSmit177/ VLapu, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos