Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Reset Optane Memory

snyirenda
Beginner
I want to reset my 4TB HDD to non optane, am going to loose my files(data) or the optane cache data??
0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you do this from the Windows tool (not BIOS!!!), the data cached in the Optane memory will be written to the HDD and the HDD will not lose anything.

...S

0 Kudos
snyirenda
Beginner
The tool is saying No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Had you already clicked on that Yes in BIOS Setup? If so, too late, you may have wiped out the drive's contents.

...S

0 Kudos
snyirenda
Beginner
Not yet, am trying to use the optane tool on windows but am getting an error when clearing the metadata
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Clearing the Metadata? That's an association creation activity. You want to disassociate the drive and Optane.
...S
0 Kudos
snyirenda
Beginner
Seems like my 16gb optane memory which was associated with the HDD is somehow dead, so I want to continue using my hard drive without losing data, I can't open the windows optane tool it's giving me sorts of errors
0 Kudos
snyirenda
Beginner
And I didn't know intel is the pain in the ass, I don't even see where I can attach screenshots here in our conversation, I wanted to show you the errors
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

How about you copy and paste the screenshot?  Or, you can attach the screenshot as a file.  Not so difficult.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To attach file, use the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for your response post). Simply drag a file from file explorer to this dialog and it will be attached to your response post.

As for including pictures, etc. right in the post, as Al says, simply cut-and-paste or copy-and-paste.

...S

0 Kudos