Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

The program does not see the intel optane memory module

PSmir2
Beginner

The program does not see the intel optane memory module, I changed the M2 slots, but still in programs for Intel Optane gives an error that does not see the memory module Intel Optane, although it is written that the system is suitable for Intel OptaneСнимок экрана (2).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @PSmir2​ ,

1. Be careful how to change the SATA mode. In order to have your system bootable, before changing SATA mode, you have to set your Windows into SAFE mode.
  2. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  3. Chose Boot tab and check Safe boot. Reboot your system. Windows should boot in SAFE mode.
  4. Now you may enter bios and change the SATA mode. Disregard the Warning you will get while booting to Windows.
  5. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  6. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot. Reboot your system. Windows should boot in Normal mode.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Ok, what is your device model number and manufacturer?

Do you know if it supports Optane?

What is your processor model number?

Did you correctly set the proper SATA mode in the BIOS?

What Operating system and version are you running? Windows 10 1903? Other?

Doc

0 Kudos
PSmir2
Beginner

its results SSU, if you need anything else, tell me what

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, let us try this again:

Do you know if it supports Optane?

Did you correctly set the proper SATA mode in the BIOS?

Rather than make me do the research, you tell me if your device supports optane.

Doc

0 Kudos
PSmir2
Beginner

motherboard supports intel optane, how to check if I set SATA mode correctly in BIOS

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ah, how to check the bios... I do not know as I do not have that board. You need to look in the bios for your sata mode. It should have AHCI, RAID, and INTEL RST as the modes. To use Optane, you need to use INTEL RST.

Now, the bigger question - what will happen to your boot drive if you change the sata mode? You may have to reinstall the OS. So, backup the drive and any data before you proceed.

Also, it would not hurt to make certain you are at the latest bios level.

Doc

0 Kudos
PSmir2
Beginner

thank you, i try change its in BIOS

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @PSmir2​ ,

1. Be careful how to change the SATA mode. In order to have your system bootable, before changing SATA mode, you have to set your Windows into SAFE mode.
  2. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  3. Chose Boot tab and check Safe boot. Reboot your system. Windows should boot in SAFE mode.
  4. Now you may enter bios and change the SATA mode. Disregard the Warning you will get while booting to Windows.
  5. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  6. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot. Reboot your system. Windows should boot in Normal mode.

Leon

0 Kudos