Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Unable to setup Optane on Asus Z390-A

VFall
Beginner

Hello Team,

I'm just build a new pc with the following configurations:

Windows 10 Pro

CPU: i7-9700k

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A

Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2

I'm looking to improve the secondary HDD since the primary drive it's a SSD.

I was trying to set the memory but with not luck, I'm not sure if I'm missing steps on the BIOS (updated) but when I try to run the Optane software 15.9.0.1015, it give a error that I need a chipset 200 or higher.

This motherboard is supposted to be a "Optane ready" so I'm not sure what is happening.

I hope you guys can help me on the steps I should take to get this running.

Thanks.

1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel
Hi VFall, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. The issue you are getting is not because of your hardware or BIOS configuration, but for the RST driver version (15.9). This is not the latest drive version, however the latest one is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes. We hope to have the updated driver available soon, however the one currently available is the 15.9 version, but this one is not the latest one and it doesn’t include all the features that the latest driver has. Besides the chipset error, the driver 15.9 doesn’t include the feature to accelerate the secondary drive so even though you install it, you won’t be able to accelerate the secondary drive as you are planning to do. My recommendation would be to wait until the latest driver version is available again for download. In the meantime, you can keep using your system without the module, and then you can set it up correctly with the latest driver. Please keep checking the following site since the driver will be uploaded there: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory I hope this clarifies the issue. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi VFall, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. The issue you are getting is not because of your hardware or BIOS configuration, but for the RST driver version (15.9). This is not the latest drive version, however the latest one is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes. We hope to have the updated driver available soon, however the one currently available is the 15.9 version, but this one is not the latest one and it doesn’t include all the features that the latest driver has. Besides the chipset error, the driver 15.9 doesn’t include the feature to accelerate the secondary drive so even though you install it, you won’t be able to accelerate the secondary drive as you are planning to do. My recommendation would be to wait until the latest driver version is available again for download. In the meantime, you can keep using your system without the module, and then you can set it up correctly with the latest driver. Please keep checking the following site since the driver will be uploaded there: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory I hope this clarifies the issue. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi VFall,

I just want to let you know that the latest RST driver has been uploaded. You can find it in the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
VFall
Beginner

Optane.PNGHello @DiegoV_Intel​ ,

Thanks for the help. I was able to setup the memory now.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi VFall,

That’s great! 😃

Thank you for the confirmation. If you ever have another issue or concern about the module, feel free to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way possible.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos