Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Unable to solve 0xa001004b error

ASz
Beginner

Hi! While installing Optane software I got 0xa001004b error. I got through Shrinking Volume in Disk Management. Nothing helps. My configuration looks like this. M2 Plextor 256 GB (for Windows), Toshiba SATA 1TB HDD (for Optane acceleration), Optane 32GB memory on second M2 port. All newest drivers are installed.

Which drive the 0xa001004b error concernes? System drive (which I don't want to accelerate) or HDD drive?

Log attached.

All best!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Aky,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series (32GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D Xpoint). If we infer correctly, to begin diagnosis and consequent troubleshooting that could take us to a resolution, we would appreciate if you could, please, reply to this post with the following, important, basic information:

• System Integration (please, describe how your system is integrated; please, include the manufacturer and model of all the components)

To answer your question:

"Which drive the 0xa001004b error concerns? System drive (which I don't want to accelerate) or HDD drive?"

It will be related to both drives, but this is always a specific requirement for the primary drive when you try to use Optane, take into consideration that it is never recommended to try to accelerate a secondary drive that does not have free space available.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ASz
Beginner

Hi! Thanks for reply.

I did manage to solve this problem myself. What I did wrong was making free, unallocated space not at the end of the drive. I was able to do it but this unalocated space was always emerging inside the partition, between other spaces. To do that correctly I had to buy software, I wasn't able to make it using Windows Disk Management. If You know how to do this using this Windows tool please make some manual.

Besides this problem I had another one. My MB have two M2 ports (32G and 16G). The faster one had nvme sdd installed and the other was for optane memory. But my MB manufacturer selected one m2 port (the faster one) for Optane installing. So I had to sell my nvme drive and buy new one for pcie connector. So this is warning for all users which want to buy non-top motherboards. Check Your documentation first.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Aky,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue you were experiencing and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Aky.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.
0 Kudos