Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Which NVMe Driver for Optane 32GBX2 in RAID 0?

CFord2
New Contributor I

Intel Rapid Storage Technology software recognizes the Optane modules in RAID 0 and even adds an M.2 graphic with a blue PCB, thought that was very cool.

Do I need an NVMe driver for the this 64GB RAID 0 Optane array? Intel provides one for the Optane M.2 module caching function, but as a standalone SSD drive in RAID 0, is it the same driver?

Intel also provided a driver for my 750 SSD and the 900P SSD, so which NVMe driver do I use for Optane 32GB modules in RAID 0?

Is the Rapid Storage Driver all I need OR is there another Optane NVMe driver I need to install to get the full performance from my Optane RAID array?

Thank you Intel...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi iBruce,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

We would like to inform you that we do not support the usage of the module as a storage device. Also, Intel(R) does not provide a vendor-unique NVMe* driver for this series. System acceleration requires the Intel(R) RST driver version 15.5 or later. If the drive is not used for system acceleration, it is supported by the standard NVMe* Microsoft* in-box driver that comes with the Windows® 10 operating system.

For more information you can refer to the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory -intel.com

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi iBruce,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

We would like to inform you that we do not support the usage of the module as a storage device. Also, Intel(R) does not provide a vendor-unique NVMe* driver for this series. System acceleration requires the Intel(R) RST driver version 15.5 or later. If the drive is not used for system acceleration, it is supported by the standard NVMe* Microsoft* in-box driver that comes with the Windows® 10 operating system.

For more information you can refer to the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory -intel.com

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iBruce,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
CFord2
New Contributor I

Thanks Junior M,

I got the Optane 32GB x2 RAID 0 array up and running just fine using the ROG Apex 10 bios.

The NVMe Win 10 driver must have installed in the background, the performance of the 64GB drive is outstanding. Faster or slower than my Intel 900P? So difficult to determine, both are amazing bleeding edge fast as lightening.

Now, I heard Intel will be offering 60GB and 120GB Optane M.2 modules as standalone SSDs, Will they have designated NVMe Optane drivers like the 900P?

Also, when can I upgrade my 900P blackout version to the 900P with blue LED drive function indicator lighting version?

Thanks man.

Bruce on the Loose

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iBruce,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that the system is using the Windows(R) 10 NVMe* inbox driver. Please keep in mind that you are using an unsupported configuration with the Optane(TM) modules so we can not confirm your statement regarding the comparison with the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We don't have any information available about those SSDs, we recommend you to wait until the official release.

We would like to inform you that the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series does not have led indicators and that option is not available.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos