Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Your system is not optane memory ready "No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory"

JCris3
Novice

Hi, after installing windows 10 and trying to enable my optane memory drive when i execute the driver it says " Your system is not optane memory ready. The following requirements were not met: No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory.

i tried everything i could i downloaded the latest bios, this is the first time installing intel optane please help me. I have attached my SSU report Thanks!

1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi JCris3,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

According to the SSU report, the system is in Legacy mode. This may be the reason why you cannot set up the module. The Intel® Optane™ Memory is compatible only with UEFI mode, so you would have to set the system to UEFI mode and not Legacy mode.

Please follow this guide from ASUS* to configure the BIOS correctly: http://dlcdnmkt.asus.com/microsite/Optane-Memory-SOP.pdf

You have to make sure as well that your drives are using GPT partition style and that you have at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of your primary drive, just as in the picture below:

Partitions.JPG

Once you have done this configuration, please try again and let me know if you are still getting the same message.

If you have any doubt with any part of the configuration, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi JCris3,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

According to the SSU report, the system is in Legacy mode. This may be the reason why you cannot set up the module. The Intel® Optane™ Memory is compatible only with UEFI mode, so you would have to set the system to UEFI mode and not Legacy mode.

Please follow this guide from ASUS* to configure the BIOS correctly: http://dlcdnmkt.asus.com/microsite/Optane-Memory-SOP.pdf

You have to make sure as well that your drives are using GPT partition style and that you have at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of your primary drive, just as in the picture below:

Partitions.JPG

Once you have done this configuration, please try again and let me know if you are still getting the same message.

If you have any doubt with any part of the configuration, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi JCris3,

I’d like to know if you still need help with this, or if our suggestion helped you with the issue.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi JCris3, If you still need help, feel free to ask. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos