Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

error 0xA007000D

hmoha4
Beginner

I am trying to enable intel optane memory but this error 0xA007000D occurred .............. so I searched for solution and find it // intel says :

This error could occur if there's data on the memory module the user interface/application couldn't erase during the enabling process. Potentially system files.

Action: Back up or move all needed files to the SATA disk that may be on the module. Format the Intel Optane Module. Once complete, attempt to enable system acceleration again.

but I am not fully understand the problem and how to fix it. please explane it step by step.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi s7sn,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

That's correct, the error code 0xA007000D means that there might be some data in your Intel® Optane™ Memory that couldn't be erased and it's causing some kind of issue with the enabling process. What you have to do is to format the module which means to erase all data in the module. Once you have formatted it, you can try to enable it again.

If you have important data in the Intel® Optane™ Memory I recommend you first to backup that data prior formatting the module because this process will erase everything. If you consider that you don't have to back up anything, then please follow these steps in order to format the module:

1. Open an Administrator Command Prompt in Windows*. You can do this by right clicking on your start menu icon and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
  2. Once you have opened the Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press enter.
  3. Now type list disk to display a list of your connected storage devices. The Intel® Optane™ Memory should be listed there next to a disk number. Take note of that disk number because we'll use it in the next step. If you are not sure which disk the Intel® Optane™ Memory is let me know, but an easy way to identify it is through the storage size which is 16GB or 32GB depending on the version that you have.
  4. Now type select disk # and press enter. You have to use the disk number from the previous step instead of # in order to select the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If the disk number is for example 3, then what you have to type is select disk 3.
  5. Then type clean all and press enter. This command will format the device deleting all data in it. This is the reason why you have to select the correct disk because you could delete the data from another drive by mistake.
The process may take several minutes and there is no progress bar. Please don't interrupt the process and just let it finish. While the process is running you won't see the cursor but when it finishes, the cursor will start blinking again waiting for new commands. This is how you will know when it has been completed.

Once the process is done, you can close the Command Prompt window and try to enable the module again following the corresponding steps to enable it.

I hope this information helps you.

If you have any questions about the steps above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi s7sn,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

That's correct, the error code 0xA007000D means that there might be some data in your Intel® Optane™ Memory that couldn't be erased and it's causing some kind of issue with the enabling process. What you have to do is to format the module which means to erase all data in the module. Once you have formatted it, you can try to enable it again.

If you have important data in the Intel® Optane™ Memory I recommend you first to backup that data prior formatting the module because this process will erase everything. If you consider that you don't have to back up anything, then please follow these steps in order to format the module:

1. Open an Administrator Command Prompt in Windows*. You can do this by right clicking on your start menu icon and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
  2. Once you have opened the Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press enter.
  3. Now type list disk to display a list of your connected storage devices. The Intel® Optane™ Memory should be listed there next to a disk number. Take note of that disk number because we'll use it in the next step. If you are not sure which disk the Intel® Optane™ Memory is let me know, but an easy way to identify it is through the storage size which is 16GB or 32GB depending on the version that you have.
  4. Now type select disk # and press enter. You have to use the disk number from the previous step instead of # in order to select the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If the disk number is for example 3, then what you have to type is select disk 3.
  5. Then type clean all and press enter. This command will format the device deleting all data in it. This is the reason why you have to select the correct disk because you could delete the data from another drive by mistake.
The process may take several minutes and there is no progress bar. Please don't interrupt the process and just let it finish. While the process is running you won't see the cursor but when it finishes, the cursor will start blinking again waiting for new commands. This is how you will know when it has been completed.

Once the process is done, you can close the Command Prompt window and try to enable the module again following the corresponding steps to enable it.

I hope this information helps you.

If you have any questions about the steps above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
LAskø
Beginner

I have the excact same problem.

When trying to clean all through command prompt, I got this message:

Virtual Disk Service error:

Cleanup is not allowed on the current boot, system,

page file, crash dump or hibernation device.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Lene,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Could you please take screenshot of the process you are doing in Command Prompt to have a better understanding of the issue?

From the error message, it looks like you are trying to format the booting drive. If that's the case, then you won't be able to do that as this is your booting drive. If you format it, the computer will not boot anymore.

However, what you have to format is the Intel® Optane™ Memory instead, not the booting drive.

Please take the screenshot so that I can help you with the process.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
LAskø
Beginner

Hi Diego.

Windows keeps installing the system on the Optane Memory....

I have it all in perfekt condition now as I ended up removing the optane modul. Then installed Windows, inserted the optane modul and prepared the system for the optane Memory. Installed the driver and software for optane, activated it, and the system runs just perfect now

It took me about 3 says to figur out. But I did it As you can see, I'm very proud of myself

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Lene,

That's awesome! Thanks for confirming the issue was resolved.

If you ever have a new issue or any question about the module, feel free to open a new thread.

We'll be more than happy to help you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi s7sn,

I'd like to know if you still need assistance with this issue, or if you were able to resolve it with the information I provided in my previous post.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos