Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

error 0xe0434352 at startup of Windows

CDevo
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I got a serious problem after I installed Intel Optane Memory: it works but when I click to Intel optane Memory, it doesn't run.

I checked the "Event viewer" and here's two serious error detected at startup of windows (sorry, my windows is in French) :

1. Application error :

Nom de l'application défaillante OptaneMemoryUI.exe, version : 16.5.0.1027, horodatage : 0x5b0560f3

Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.17134.165, horodatage : 0xb0bb231d

Code d'exception : 0xe0434352

Décalage d'erreur : 0x000000000003a388

ID du processus défaillant : 0x27e0

Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d4250f67621aad

Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Optane Memory\OptaneMemoryUI.exe

Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

ID de rapport : 228b0a34-99be-40a5-920d-be873c0b3995

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l'application relative au package défaillant :

1. .NET Runtime :

Application : OptaneMemoryUI.exe

Version du Framework : v4.0.30319

Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.

Informations sur l'exception : System.AccessViolationException

à .IsiSessionOpen(UInt32*)

à PsiData.PsiDataSource.Load(System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 ByRef, Boolean)

à PSI.PsiSystemDataModel.LoadDriverData(Int32)

à PSI.PsiSystemDataModel.CreateStaticDataModel()

à PSI.PsiSystemDataModel..cctor()

Informations sur l'exception : System.TypeInitializationException

à PSI.PsiSystemDataModel.Connect()

à MWClient.MwDataProvider.b__18_0()

à System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()

à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)

à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)

à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

And that's the same case for OptaneWatcherService.exe (service Intel Optane watcher service doesn't start automatically) so I no longer the graphic interface, and the only way to get that is to reboot my pc and switch to safe mode.

Could you tell me what can I do to resolve my issue, please?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Côme.

Thank you for contacting Intel technical support,

Based on the information provided you are experiencing the 0xe0434352 error this may be caused by windows system files damage as the C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll that the screenshots that you are sharing with us are pointing to.
  1. In order to start with the troubleshooting please follow the "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/000024626.html How to Disable System Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory (Video)"guide.
Available on the following link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023884/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023884/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

NoteThe process of disabling system acceleration separates the Intel Optane Memory series module from the SATA drive accelerated. During this process, all cached system data moves from the Intel Optane Memory module and placed back on the SATA drive.

After this process please try to boot to your operating system (OS).

We recommend you to update to the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver that can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

The next step after updating the Intel® RST user Interface and Driver is to try to review and to follow the steps of the "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000023845.html How to Upgrade, Install, and Manage Intel® Optane™ Memory in Windows® 10" guide.

If the previous steps did not solve your issue we recommend you to back up your information and to try the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000023853.html How to Configure, Install, and Manage Intel® Optane™ Memory Before Installing Windows® 10 guides using a fresh installation.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Côme.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
CDevo
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatley, it doesn't work: after I have disabled Intel Optane memory, I wanted to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology but the windows wizard told me that it cannot be installed on my PC because of Intel Optane Memory (The following application has already installed : Intel Optane Memory), so I though that uninstalling it would be useful to move forward to Intel RST driver with Apps > Apps > Apps & Feature > Intel > Intle Optane Memory > Uninstall : AND NO. Nothing has happened, actually, I have tried to uninstall a lot of times, but no windows has appeard on my screen.

I went back to Event viewer and here's the full error content :

Nom de l'application défaillante Setup.exe_Intel® Optane™ Memory, version : 16.99.0.51, horodatage : 0x5b0dd7ec

Nom du module défaillant : Setup.exe, version : 16.99.0.51, horodatage : 0x5b0dd7ec

Code d'exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d'erreur : 0x00069896

ID du processus défaillant : 0xcc0

Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d42b8e12564aa0

Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Package Cache\{fca73a1d-2062-4ba7-9951-8bd39116b154}\Setup.exe

Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Package Cache\{fca73a1d-2062-4ba7-9951-8bd39116b154}\Setup.exe

ID de rapport : cbc54770-3fa1-43e6-8cd4-30d0bf28e3a1

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l'application relative au package défaillant :

After all I have done, what can I do next, please?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Côme.

Thank you for your reply.

If the previous steps did not solve your issue we recommend you to back up your information and to try the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000023853.html How to Configure, Install, and Manage Intel® Optane™ Memory Before Installing Windows® 10 guides using a fresh installation of your operating system.

Please, take into consideration that you can have installed just one application on your system at a time the Optane software or the RST software and is expected to receive an error in case that you are trying to install one when the other is already set up in your system.

Code d'exception : 0xc0000005

If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor.

We encourage you to try to set up your Optane after you reinstalling your OS by following the guides we shared in our previous email.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Côme.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos