Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

"There are no valid disk pairs in your system" Error

8265u
Beginner

Hello,

I have recently purchased an intel optane memory h10 module ssd (256GB+16gb version). Unfortunately after spending hours and (bloody) hours trying to make this thing work as advertised "to speed up and accelerate my computer" I CANNOT achieve this.
I have uploaded several screenshots of my system and my BIOS/UEFI version. The intel RST software does not recognize this module as SSD Intel Optane.
Why is it so difficult to make this bloody thing work? It is extremely frustrating, and im close to sending this back and getting a refund.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. This is a link to Optane series "H" User Installation Guide. Please read it carefully. 

2. From the attached images, I can see the following problems:

•        In the end of the SSD you have the Windows Recovery Partition instead of 5-10MB of unallocated space. You should delete the Recovery Partition or, using third part tool to move it to other place. Next you may shrink the 73.13 GB unallocated space to 5-10MB only.
  • Before enabling Optane acceleration you should see the 16GB Optane part as a separate drive showing unallocated space.  
  • I don't know all the fields in your Bios, however, you should be aware that Remapping should be disabled for the M.2 port containing the "H" type SSD.

Leon 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. This is a link to Optane series "H" User Installation Guide. Please read it carefully. 

2. From the attached images, I can see the following problems:

•        In the end of the SSD you have the Windows Recovery Partition instead of 5-10MB of unallocated space. You should delete the Recovery Partition or, using third part tool to move it to other place. Next you may shrink the 73.13 GB unallocated space to 5-10MB only.
  • Before enabling Optane acceleration you should see the 16GB Optane part as a separate drive showing unallocated space.  
  • I don't know all the fields in your Bios, however, you should be aware that Remapping should be disabled for the M.2 port containing the "H" type SSD.

Leon