Beginner

傲腾持久内存512GB(100系列)只能使用341GB,另外安装了一条hynix的32GB RECC

e26677b647bda23e2fc4266a4fb10f6d.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Tony,

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response, so there may be some inaccuracies in the translation.

We would like to confirm that the information shared by Intel China Customer Support is correct.

As mentioned in the previous message sent by my colleague Ragulan, when using Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory in different modes, some percentage of the storage capacity will become unusable.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Simon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing well.

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response hence, there may be some inaccurate translation.

Kindly let us know what is mode that is being used currently for the PMem. Besides that, can confirm that there is no any other programs/software that is utilizing the Intel Optane.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
tony小熊1
Beginner

I used ipmctl to set PMem to memory mode and now I can use 502G, the rest is kept. Is this normal (I dismantled a 16GB normal RECC memory)

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Tony,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Since we have a language barrier, I have used a web translation tool. We will support you as best as we can.

Could you please provide the system details and confirm if you are conducting any tests with Pmem? Alternatively, please elaborate on the issue you are facing so we can assist you further.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Poojitha N

0 Kudos
tony小熊1
Beginner

这是systeminfo的内容

主机名: SA5212M5
OS 名称: Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter
OS 版本: 10.0.26040 暂缺 Build 26040
OS 制造商: Microsoft Corporation
OS 配置: 独立服务器
OS 构建类型: Multiprocessor Free
注册的所有人: Windows 用户
注册的组织:
产品 ID: 00133-32500-02427-AA794
初始安装日期: 2024/2/4, 9:33:55
系统启动时间: 2024/6/19, 22:08:09
系统制造商: Inspur
系统型号: SA5212M5
系统类型: x64-based PC
处理器: 安装了 1 个处理器。
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 85 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~1901 Mhz
BIOS 版本: American Megatrends Inc. 4.1.29, 2023/10/25
Windows 目录: C:\Windows
系统目录: C:\Windows\system32
启动设备: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
系统区域设置: zh-cn;中文(中国)
输入法区域设置: zh-cn;中文(中国)
时区: (UTC+08:00) 北京,重庆,香港特别行政区,乌鲁木齐
物理内存总量: 513,700 MB
可用的物理内存: 493,919 MB
虚拟内存: 最大值: 556,708 MB
虚拟内存: 可用: 533,483 MB
虚拟内存: 使用中: 23,225 MB

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

Intel® persistent memory is an emerging technology where non-volatile media is placed onto a Dual In-Line Memory Module (DIMM) and installed on the memory bus. Persistent memory DIMMs exist alongside of traditional volatile memory DRAM DIMMs.

The key thing that differentiates persistent memory DIMMs from DRAM DIMMs is that the data stored on them can be retained when the system is shut down or loses power.

This allows them to be used as a form of permanent storage like Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs), but with memory-like latencies.  

Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory (DCPMM) is based on the Intel® Optane™ Memory technology and provides the ability to keep more data, closer to the CPU for faster processing (that is, “warmer”). DCPMM is designed for use with Intel® Xeon® Scalable Platform processors code named Cascade Lake. 

DCPMMs exist alongside DDR4 DRAM DIMMs to support a two-level memory architecture. The fastest tier is the DRAM-based “near memory” and the slower tier is DCPMM “far memory”. DCPMM can be configured for use in different modes: Memory Mode, App Direct Mode, or a combination of Memory Mode and App Direct Mode, which is referred to as “Mixed Mode”. 

In Memory Mode, DCPMMs act as volatile system memory under the control of the operating system. Any DRAM in the platform will act as a cache working in conjunction with the DCPMMs. 

In App Direct Mode, DCPMMs and DRAM DIMMs act as independent memory resources under direct load/store control of the application. This allows the DCPMM capacity to be used as byte-addressable persistent memory that is mapped into the system physical address space (SPA) and directly accessible by applications. 

In Mixed Mode, a percentage of the DCPMM capacity is used in Memory Mode and the remainder in App Direct Mode. 

App Direct Mode capacity can be used as Block over App Direct, in which case, the driver surfaces traditional block storage interface transparent to applications, so they do not need to be modified. Block over App Direct is implemented with copy on write optimization via a block translation table to provide power-fail write atomicity.  

Otherwise, applications can be modified to access App Direct capacity with direct load/store mechanisms using a persistent memory aware file system. This completely bypasses the kernel and provides the shortest code path to the persistent memory. To learn more about using and programming for persistent memory, refer to the http://pmem.io/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055895/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-persistent-memory.html

I hope the explanation above clarifies your doubt. If there is any other concern, do let us know.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
tony小熊1
Beginner

英特尔中国区客户支持告诉我这是正常现象,请问是对的吗

tony1_0-1718806910876.png

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Tony,

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response, so there may be some inaccuracies in the translation.

We would like to confirm that the information shared by Intel China Customer Support is correct.

As mentioned in the previous message sent by my colleague Ragulan, when using Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory in different modes, some percentage of the storage capacity will become unusable.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos