Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
439 Discussions

Cannot open Intel Memory and storage management application

Subsub
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to troubleshoot and check my raid 1 disks from windows. I cannot open the Intel Optane Memory and storage management. 

Please find the error it displays (error 0xA0080000).

I have installed all the latest manufacter driver proposed by Dell manufacterer and related to RST.

Please find my SSU in case it can help,

Thanks you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Subsub,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

1. Can you please confirm are there any changes that have been made since the last time you are able to use the application?
  2. When is the last time you are able to use the application?
  3. Is there any upgrade has been done in Windows OS recently?
  4.  What is the Intel RST driver version you are using?

Please go thru the site here: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (10th and 11th Gen Platforms)

Note: Intel recommends that end users utilize driver updates provided by their system manufacturer/provider or via Windows* Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. System manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended. 

Check this guide on how to solve the error Code 0xA0080000.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Subsub
Beginner

Hello,

1/2: I have never tried before to launch the application. I have only configured my RAID 1 using rhe rst controller steps (prior Windows start).

3: I have installed latest manufacturer drivers after I saw this error.  

4: Currently this is what I can see:

From Windows, applications: Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management (v18.1.1037.0)

From WIndows device manager (storage controller): Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller, pilote version 18.37.6.1010

From Bios, RAID controller, I can see Intel (R) RST 17.8.1.4572 RAID Driver

I have already tried the guide you provided but from the Bios -> RST controller, I do not have any option talking about Optane (indeed what I want is to visualize from Windows my RAID disks not accelerating my drive).

Since I have this "new" Windows application managing both Intel Optane memory and raid volume I cannot manage anymore my raid volumes from Windows.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Subsub,

Thank you for your response.

Can you confirm if you are able to access the application now? 

Is there any other queries or questions that you still need help with. We will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hayat

0 Kudos
Subsub
Beginner

Hi,

No I still have the same error:
- first I have the error popup (error 0xA0080000)
- then the application splashscreen starts and the application prompts to accept Terms & Conditions
- then after accepting, it throws again the error popup  (error 0xA0080000) and the application close

Thanks
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Subsub,

Please try to post the issue into below link to get more clarifications on the issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

We will proceed to close the thread since you need to post on the above link.

Kindly reopen a new thread if you have any other queries, we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you.

Regards

Hayat

0 Kudos