Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

SSD Data Center Tool will not install on latest build of Windows Server 2016

RShuc
Beginner

I am unable to install the x64 version of the SSD Data Center Tool on the latest build/update of Windows Server 2016. I get a "This operating system is not supported." error.

It shows Windows server 2016 as a supported OS in the download center. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Ryan

0 Kudos
32 Replies
BItzs
Beginner

I had to reinstall the ".Net Framework version 2.0, 3.0, 3.5" feature after testing that the SSD tool didn't install correctly, so I don't have such logs. By my reckoning, the only things that should have changed in the log would have been the removal of these two features:

- .Net Framework version 2.0, 3.0, 3.5

- PowerShell 2.0 (which has the older .net framework as a dependency)

I think you need to consider a different fix?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Benjamin61,

We understand all this situation and we want you to share the new logs since this will show not only .Netframework version but other environmental information that may show the information that is creating the install issue.

On top of the logs, we'd like you to please run from a command window system info > C:\system.txt and send this to us. So we can see the patches and versions of the OS.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
RShuc
Beginner

I apologize that I have been absent from this discussion for a while. I have been traveling for work and unable to work on my servers. I will get log files as soon as I can.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SMuns
Novice

Hi Nestor C.

I have attached systeminfo output for you to have look at.

Regards,

Shawn.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

Thanks for posting in the thread, we are working on this situation. We have set up different systems and all of them worked fine with the same installer.

We'll keep you all posted about this situation.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

We would like you all to try the latest version of the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26749/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool Intel® Data Center Tool, version 3.0.4.

Please let us know if this worked or not.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
SMuns
Novice

HI Nestor C,

Still the same problem with installation version 3.0.4

Regards,

Shawn.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ShawnMunster,

Thanks for providing feedback. We understand that in the past you did reinstall the operating system and after that it allowed you to install the Intel® Data Center Tool.

-Is this a different server you are setting up?

-Were you just trying to upgrade the Intel® Data Center Tool version?

-If this is a different server, could you try the reinstallation of the operating system?

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
SMuns
Novice

Hi Nestor C,

I can not reinstall at the moment doing some other test on SQL Data Base.

Did copy C:\isdct folder from Windows 10 installation to server that's working.

Attached isdct show -intelssd output.

When I install Intel® Data Center Tool I always remove old version first and then install.

Regards,

Shawn.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ShawnMunster,

Thanks for the attachment.

Just to understand correctly, are you saying that you copied the folder from another server to the one with Windows* Server 2016 and it worked?

If you run the installation again and it fails, could you please provide to us the logs from the installation?

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
SMuns
Novice

Hi Nestor C,

It install this time, here are the logs requested.

Regards,

Shawn.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ShawnMunster,

So this time it allowed you to install it fine? No errors?

Checking the log now seems better, but there are some files skipped, can you use it properly after this last installation?

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos