Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

SSDPED1D960GAX1 replacement

AC-TNE
Beginner

Can anyone tell me if there is a form/fit/function replacement for the SSDPED1D960GAX1?  960GB Optane SSD 905P HH PCIEX4 3DXPT.  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AC-TNE.

The part number for the 1.5TB version is SSDPED1D015TAX1

- Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series 1.5TB, 1/2 Height PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D XPoint™

Regarding the country of origin, it should be Taiwan, but this must be confirmed with the point of sale, and you can review more details in the article linked below if needed.

- How to Determine if Intel® Solid State Drives' Country of Origin (COO) Complies with Trade Agreements Act (TAA): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059716/memory-and-storage.html.

If there is anything else, just let me know, I will keep the thread open before closing it on August 24th if there are no more questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AC-TNE.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding a possible replacement for the Intel Optane SSD 905P, I will be glad to assist you.

We do not have a direct replacement for the "Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series (960GB, 1/2 Height PCIex4)", the only possible replacement within the same category or form factor would be going a step up in capacity to the 1.5TB version.

There is also no information about future releases that we can provide.

If you have other questions, please let me know, otherwise I will proceed to close the thread on August 24th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
AC-TNE
Beginner

Thank you Bruce!  Do you have a part number for the 1.5TB version?  Also, do you know the country of origin?  Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AC-TNE.

The part number for the 1.5TB version is SSDPED1D015TAX1

- Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series 1.5TB, 1/2 Height PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D XPoint™

Regarding the country of origin, it should be Taiwan, but this must be confirmed with the point of sale, and you can review more details in the article linked below if needed.

- How to Determine if Intel® Solid State Drives' Country of Origin (COO) Complies with Trade Agreements Act (TAA): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059716/memory-and-storage.html.

If there is anything else, just let me know, I will keep the thread open before closing it on August 24th if there are no more questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AC-TNE.

This post is to follow up on your thread regarding the SSD substitute model and the additional information about the country of origin.

The thread will be closed right now as mentioned in my previous post since there are no more questions.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel with this or anything else in the future, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the available support methods: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos